ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰɪᴠᴇ

......

Winter break was officially over and schools began again the next morning, something every teenager would curse their life forever. All the daily pressure, stress, and anxiety would be back in a matter of time killing its student mental health. School was supposed to help you gain some knowledge and offer you a bright future, without causing you problems in your mentality. But instead of that the only thing school offers you is drama, bullying, traumas. Everything except what is supposed to give you.

Amelia had already woken up earlier than she usually did as she wanted to finish a project she had completely forgotten and started working on three days ago. The sky outside her window was still dark as the sun hadn't risen up yet. She remembered in summer how early in the morning the sun came out and now, before seven it was the same dark and empty as every night.

She put her hair in a messy bun as she made herself comfortable on her desk, trying to find the courage to finish that project. It was about environmental pollution and a topic she had chosen on her own as she liked it, but who was thinking about homework during season breaks? Luckily it was almost done. The only thing she needed to do was to add some more pictures and examples of how we can protect the environment.

Amelia opened her laptop and started searching for information and images. She had plenty of time but she wanted to finish as quickly as she could so then she had the time to get ready for school. It was funny how the time she used to sleep during the break was the time she had to wake up today. She opened the folder and started working on it when her bedroom door opened and Derek stepped in. Amelia stared at him in silence, dark heavy circles hugging under her eyes, as she was too tired to speak.

"Jesus Amelia. Have you slept at all?" Derek asked as he saw how pale she seemed.

"Yes," she lied but who could lie to Derek Hale? He was so good at hearing your heartbeat whenever you were talking, that he could make the smallest change in your heartbeat, even when you thought you could control it. Derek stared at her, a serious expression drawn on his face "Fine a little."

"How much?"

"One or two hours. I don't really remember, maybe more." She shrugged trying to convince herself that it was okay and she could survive the whole day. She wasn't like the people who could survive one whole day without sleep or at least one hour of sleep. She was the kind of person who needed at least seven hours of sleep to have energy, or else she would drink more than three coffees to stay awake.

"And why are you awake that early?" Derek crossed his arms and leaned on the doorframe "It's five in the morning."

"I needed to finish a project for today," she replied casually "Why did you come into my room anyway if you knew I would be asleep?"

"You really want to know why?" he approached her.

"Um yes?" Amelia stared at his hazel eyes.

"Because all my hoodies are dirty and I have none to wear, so I came back to steal my clothes from your closet" Derek had placed his hands on Amelia's desk, veins popping up in his arms, and had leaned a little too close to her.