twenty-two

(love island, episode fourty-nine)

the situation between grant and shaq, as he did have time to think about the whole situation that happened because of the top ranking challenge

the lads went inside to get ready for their evening as grant looked at shaq, "man, can we have a chat later?" shaq looked at grant, "is this about the comment i made?" grant didn't look at his friend, "we'll talk about it later,"

shaq looked at grant, "alright," the villa was getting thrown a party for themselves as the thomas male ran a hand through his brunette hair.

the islanders all came out to the garden going towards where their drinks are placed on the bar area, "cheers to a well-deserved party with an amazing group of people,"

"cheers!"

the islanders all danced as grant danced along with his coupled up partner smiling as claudia moved her body against her partner's front with grant having a big smile on his face, his lips kissing claudia's cheek.

when they took a picture that tanya took when the thomas male cleared his throat after the music finished, "shaq," the lad looked at grant, "can we go for a chat?"

shaq hummed as the two lads walked away, "after today's challenge, obviously it'd be brought up about the comment, but the thing that shocked me the most was that, like, to think me telling claudia that i love her was me playing a game," he admitted to his friend, "cause like, all of you lads know how hard it has been in here for me to find someone that i genuinely get along with," he stated to shaq.

grant cleared his throat, "and like i have found that genuine connection with claudia that's why i told her that i loved her," he said looking at his friend, "i just would hate it for you to plant a doubt in claudia's head,"

shaq hummed, "and i know she doesn't cos she would never think that," shaq looked at his friend, "the comment wasn't to put doubt in claudia's mind, cause everyone i've spoken to, can see what you guys have," grant sipped on his drink as shaq spoke, "i've seen you grow, obviously opened up your feelings for her, and i'm happy for you,"

"do you know what i mean?"

grant looked at shaq, "i know that," he admitted looking at his friend, "i was just hoping that you or claudia didn't take it personally or anything like that," grant shook his head, "nah, i just didn't see it coming, that's all,"

the two lads stood up, "we good?" grant hummed clapping his hand against shaq's hand bro hugging his supposed friend, "love you, lad," shaq pats his back, "love you too, man,"

____

claudia and grant sat together with kai, sanam and ron and lana, "how did the conversation go?" lana asked grant when he came to them, "it's done and dusted," he spoke not wanting to talk about it again.