2

Jimin's POV

I walk inside the big room and bow at the crew and actors of the new drama that I have been cast in. "Hello," I bow politely at the director and the producer along with the screenplay writer and they smile at me, instantly rushing to escort me.

"Jimin-ssi, oh my God, the main lead is here. We can start with the script reading today. Here's your seat." They show me and I smile before bowing at Bae Suzy beside me who's the female lead alongside me. She gives me a big smile and bows slightly as we begin with the script reading.

"So welcome to the Script reading of “Love is a Business” drama. First, everyone will introduce themselves and their characters. I hope you have reviewed the scripts that I've sent while casting you. We will start with Jimin-ssi." The producer announces and I quickly stand up, a staff hands me the microphone and I smile at everyone.

"Hello, I'm Park Jimin. I'll be playing Joo WooTak. Please take care of me," I say and bow before handing the mic to Suzy who now stands up straight, taking the mic from me. I take a seat and move my hand forward to grab a cup of Americano, sipping it from the straw.

"Hello, I'm Bae Suzy. I'll be playing Do Haeyi. Hope we get along well," she says and turns to glance at me. I bow at her and she smiles, bowing back politely. The person next to her stands up, taking the mic from him and I recognise this actor too.

"Hello, I'm Kim Hyunjin. I'll be playing Lee DoHwa. I'll be good to you all," he says with a big grin and turns to the other side to smile at the girl but my eyes widen when I watch her standing up and taking the mic from Hyunjin.

She bows politely with a small smile, her hair falling forward but she adjusts it elegantly and glances all over the room. She is wearing a black top with a jacket and high waisted jeans. Lifting up the mic to her cherry lips, her eyes meet mine for a second before turning to Hyunjin.

"Pleased to meet you. I'm Kim Y/n. I'll be playing Shin Saemi. I'm doing a big project for the first time. Please, be kind to me," she says and looks at Hyunjin with a smile who claps at her cutely.

I blink my eyes rapidly but my heart is racing against my chest as I watch her taking her seat, handing the mic to the next person who introduces himself. She giggles at Suzy who whispers something to her and her eyes fall on mine. I freeze.

"Oh no! Jimin-ssi!"

I immediately stand up, coughing vigorously and choking on my coffee as some of it, from my mouth, spills on my jeans and black shirt. My manager comes to my rescue, pulling out tissues and cleaning the mess while I compose myself. My cheeks are flush pink and I am embarrassed.

I nervously look around the room and scratch my neck while the others laugh at me. I turn around and watch Y/n trying to control her smile but not laughing like others. I grin at her awkwardly before sitting back down. I want to dig a hole and bury myself there.

Wait! Her character is Shin Saemi! My eyes widen and I tilt my head before recalling the whole story. She's the second lead. Hyunjin's character is in love with her. I also have some scenes with her. But my smile falters as I recall.

She has a kissing scene with Hyunjin!

I turn to look at her who has her back turned to me, watching the people introduce themselves. She knows me for sure. I have made a name in the acting industry. And she doesn't look like someone who would come without research about her co-actors considering I'm the main lead.

Does she not remember me? I hope she does.

"So let's do a quick reading. Scene number 91. Please turn to page 521." The director says after everyone finishes their introduction. I turn my gaze away from Y/n, feeling myself like a pervert who's gawking at a girl. I take the script in front of me and flip the pages until I reach the required page.

It's a scene with Suzy.

I turn to Suzy and she nods at me seriously, getting into character. "There are some days when I can't say when it's real and when it is not. But I know this much that the time I spent with you is priceless," Suzy delivers. "I'm afraid. That this moment is also a dream." She finishes and looks at me with emotions in her eyes.

I look into her eyes, acting professional, slowly shaking my head and smiling at her, "This is not a dream. This is reality." Tears wells in her eyes and she closes her eyes, keeping her hand on her heart. "As dreams awaken, we have to face everything in the end." She whispers and opens her eyes, staring into mine.

"As long as we are together. It doesn't matter," I state and we stare in each other's eyes until a big smile spreads on our faces and we look away. Everyone claps for us and I peek at Y/n who's looking at me in amazement. A sense of pride explodes in my chest and I bite my lips to hide my smile. I take my cup of Americano and sip using the straw.

"Now, Y/n and Hyunjin. Ah! I already love their chemistry!" The director says and I look at him, hiding my irritation and Suzy pats Hyunjin. "I think they will steal the show." She says. Hyunjin shyly looks at Y/n who just smiles politely.

I scoff and chew the straw aggressively. I want her attention. But she isn't even looking at me. She grabs the script and opens it. "Scene 32. Both of you." The director announces and they turn to each other.

Y/n eyes turn blank and she crosses her arms, acting bitchy. Hyunjin has a mocking smile on his face as he stares down at Y/n. Wow! Her expressions are so good.

She's enchanting. Like Always.

She can easily bring back my feelings from years ago.

I want her. Like Crazy.

"I recently broke up with my girlfriend. Do you mind going on a date with me?" Hyunjin asks, arrogantly with a smile on his face. He's good as well. She blankly stares at him. "You really must be a lunatic." She says.

Hyunjin raises his hand to touch her cheek. My brows lift up and I fist my hands under the table, watching them silently like the others. Y/n acts to panic and I gulp down the lump formed in my throat. "This is cheating," Hyunjin says and Y/n wavers her eyes, looking at his hands while he retracts them back.

"What is?"

Hyunjin looks deeply into her eyes and curves up the corners of his lips. Her expressions are steel hard but her eyes turn soft. "This look of yours. It makes me want to kiss you."

My eyes pop out of my socket and everyone squeals at their chemistry. I cannot deny they are really good together.

I hate it!

"Wow, Y/n and Hyunjin. Both of you really are good. Especially Y/n, I can't believe that this is your first big project," Suzy says with a big smile and Y/n politely smiles at her. For a second, she glances at me and smiles.

Holy shit! That smile of hers.

I smile back and nod at her. Hyunjin turns to me with questionable eyes but I look back at Y/n. "You are really good. Hyunjin too. Both of you are amazing!" I comment and she giggles followed by a seal clap from Hyunjin who is happy with our compliments. I smile at them and grab the cup of Americano again, sipping the coffee through the straw but Y/n's honey voice, makes me choke on my drink again,

"Thank you, Jimin-ssi."

*********

The chapters are so long and I'm writing it in between my exams

The chapters are so long and I'm writing it in between my exams. 😭 sorry for late updates.