4

Jimin's POV

After getting my makeup redone, I walk towards the rooftop of this building to get some fresh air. They said they resume after lunch so I decided to come up here.

As I'm about to touch the doorknob of the rooftop, I hear a conversation. "You have so many better agencies contacting you. Also, they are offering you plenty of projects but still you decide not to join them?" I hear a female voice from the other side so I sigh and decide not to eavesdrop anymore.

"You're so stubborn, Y/n!"

I halt on my steps but gulp down the saliva when I hear the name being mentioned. "I said what I said. I'll do it if I feel like doing it, Unnie," I hear Y/n's firm tone.

"How will you make it to the top if you keep being like this?" The other voice yells and I hear footsteps approaching towards the door. My eyes widen and I quickly stand against the wall. The door opens and a woman furiously storms down the staircase to reach the down level, probably to take the elevator since it doesn't take us right up to the rooftop but the floor just below it.

I watch in the direction she went but nibble on my inner cheeks, thinking about something before holding the doorknob and pushing the door back to close it but don't close it. Instead, I step out into the rooftop and see Y/n's back in the middle of the rooftop. She turns slightly and her pupils dilate in amusement but she recovers quickly, a quick smile replacing her soft features and she bows to me.

My heart beat quickens but I simply smile and walk towards her, keeping my hands inside my pocket and bowing back to her politely. She stands up straight and stares into my eyes curiously but I keep smiling at her warmly.

"Why are you doing this, Y/n?"

Her eyes widen and she places her hand over her heart, brows furrowing in confusion as she peers over me. "Me? What?"

"Whom are you trying to prove?" I ask and she tilts her head in utter confusion. "Prove? I don't understand you, Jimin-ssi," she says with wavering eyes and I chuckle. Standing right in front of her, looking straight into her eyes that I love ever so much.

"You don't enjoy acting. You don't like spotlight," I say and something flickers in her eyes. She swallows the dry lump down her throat, blinking and looking away from me; indirectly confirming my thoughts. It's been years but if I watch her carefully, she's easy to read.

"I'm sorry but you're mistaken-"

"I know whatever I say wouldn't make it okay but can I ask what do you actually want to become?" I ask, cutting her off and her eyes turn red. She purses her lips and looks up at me. "Is it obvious?" She squeaks.

I smile but shake my head. "You're a great actor. It's just that I can guess it somehow," I tell her and she removes a few strands of locks falling on her face.

"Chef."

I look at the way her eyes glitter when she says that and instantly my lips curve up. I take my hands out of my pocket and walk past her to reach the end of the terrace. "Do you love cooking?"

"I do. Maybe, not like a professional culinary master but I really enjoy making new dishes and sharing it on my Instagram and YouTube channel," she says, her voice getting louder in my ears as I feel her walk in my direction. I watch her hands holding the railing from the corner of my eyes as we stare at the city of Seoul from here.

"It's pretty, right?" I hum at her question. "Seoul is pretty." I reply but wanted to add, But you're the prettiest.

I sigh hanging my head low and lick my lips. "I'm sorry for taking so much time for the scene," I apologise to her, knowing that she's also there in the scene and I wasted so much of her precious time.

"What scene?"

My eyes fling open and I lift my head up to stare at her. "The scene earlier," I answer, showing my thumb backwards, indicating the incident from down below. She bites her lips, narrowing her eyes as if she thinking but then shakes her head.

"I didn't shoot a scene like that today. We are going to shoot it after the meal. I only shot my own scene of waking in. We are going to film the next scene soon," she says and I look at her weirdly. "No, I mean I took over 13 takes-"

"I don't remember you taking more than one scene, Jimin-ssi. I think you're mistaken," she says and turns back to look at the view and I look at her in confusion but then realise what's happening.

I scoff at her way of comforting others by making them believe that it didn't even happen. This is so adorable. I grin and rest my hands on the railing, leaning forward to gaze at the scenery. "I'm losing confidence slowly," I admit.

"Jimin-ssi, who is the coolest actor here on set?" She asks and I turn to peek at her looking at me seriously. "You?" I ask and she rolls her eyes and points her hand in my direction.

"If I have to pick the coolest person here on the set then it's surely you, Jimin-ssi. No need to lose confidence," she says and the heavy feeling of my heart subsides. I don't know how or why but she can comfort me with just a few words spoken with her honey-like voice. Hobi and Ryu can do that as well but she can do it even without hugging me.

What'll happen when she hugs me someday?

"And cut! Beautiful! It was a perfect shot!" The director says and all of us clap and cheer. I look at Y/n who is giggling with Hyunjin but I secretly smile at her but look at the director showing me the next scene for which I have been waiting for since three months,

"DoHwa will dramatically leave the office room while WooTak and Saemi will press their backs together comically, commenting on his behaviour. And then they will shake hands. "

**********

This book is a slow burn romance

This book is a slow burn romance. Just saying. Some of you guys mind find it boring but I wanted a simple story for Jimin 💜