Chapter 7

Waeland's POV

"Wow, Waeland, I never expected you to actually bring him. I thought you were just kidding," Jonah said as he took a sip of whatever alcoholic beverage he picked up.

"When am I ever joking?" I asked, raising a brow at him. He laughed and patted my shoulder. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Yeah, I know. I kid around a lot, but I was serious about bringing him. It was a lot of trouble so I wasn't going to give up so easily."

Jonah nodded, "Now that sounds like you. Not wanting to put your work to waste." He then looked behind me and tilted his head a little before smirking. "Hey, I think your buddy is looking for you."

I turned around and sure enough, Evan was wandering around aimlessly looking for something. He looked like a lost puppy looking for its master. Aww, he's so cute! I thought to myself. It's too bad I can't jump him here.

He looks kind of drunk, too.

I wonder how much Samantha and her girls gave him. I thought as he looked at me. His scowl hasn't been up the whole time he was looking around and when he saw me, his eyes lit up a bit. Maybe it was just my imagination tricking me, but either way I loved it Jeez, how cute can one being be? I mean, I know he's not particularly small or adorable to most people. But when he drops his scowl he looks like a different person almost.

I made my way over to him and he also walked towards me. Although, it seemed like he was struggling to walk straight. "How are you liking the party?" I asked and a small smirk tugged on my lips as I looked at the adorable mess.

"You said you wouldn't leave my side," he pouted. His words were a little slurred and he seemed to have a little trouble standing upright. I then decided to lead him to a place to a rest. Luckily there was a room on the first floor where he could sit without a bunch of people hanging around him.

"You drank too much, Evan," I shook my head at him as I set him down. "This is only your first party and we've here for less than an hour. I can't believe you're drunk." I said. He reeked of alcohol. It made me wonder if he has drank before, and if it was a good idea to leave him with Samantha.

"It's your fault for leaving me alone, asshole. I wanted to stick by your side the whole time. But oh no, instead you fed me to the she-wolves." Evan's lip curled up a bit as he crossed his arms and looked away from me. He looked like a child who was upset with his mother for not giving him an extra cookie.

I couldn't help but chuckle. Look at him? The guy that usually just glares at everyone is just pouting and complaining about how I "fed him to the wolves". Aka; Samantha and her gang.

"I'm sorry for leaving you, but I'll stay now. Okay?" I said as I sat beside him.

"Really? You promise you won't leave me alone?" He whimpered as he looked at me with slightly watered eyes. He just... Whimpered?

I promised myself I wouldn't do anything and I won't. But I know this won't be easy. He is drunk after all and he definitely isn't acting like himself. It wouldn't be right.

I sighed mentally, this is going to be harder than I thought.

"Yes Evan, really," I reassured him, ruffling his hair a bit. I was treating him like a child, but why not? He's acting like one.

He smiled brightly at me. "You have pretty eyes. Do you know that? They're like bright shiny emeralds. Has anyone ever told you that?"

Okay, okay, you're throwing to many things at me once. Are you testing me, god? I don't think I'll pass at this rate. "Um, no they haven't, but thank you."