Chapter 26

Evan's POV

I felt terrible for turning down Waeland the other night on our date, I just wasn't ready for that kind of thing yet. I guess that's abnormal, considering most people my age with their whoremones and wanting to have sex all the time. That's just not my kind of thing. And I honestly don't think it ever will be. I'd be lying if I said that I've never had any of those thoughts because I have. Plenty of times. Mainly of Waeland, and most people probably would have jumped at the chance to have sex with Mr. Popular. That doesn't mean that I have to. Not yet anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely want to, just not until I fell like the time is right.

I told Wealand about this, too and he agreed with me and assured me that it was okay. Even if I did leave us both with painful boners.

Once we both had calmed down, Waeland suggested that we both should head home since it was getting so late. He also didn't want to tick his dad off more than he already had. When I asked him what he did to upset his dad, he just shrugged. I would have asked him to tell me more, but I got these vibes off of him that told me I should probably just leave it alone for now. So, I agreed and we both headed home. But not till after goodnight kiss, and not a quick one.

My thoughts subsided as I entered the doors of the one place that I will always despise. School.

As I walked in, everything seemed normal. The usual crowds in the halls, the overly loud shouts of people being stupid, and the awful scent that came with everyone's cologne and perfumes mixing together.

I stopped as I passed a certain scent though. One that was so familiar and the one smell that I have come to learn to love. Waeland's.

"Hey, Evan," His husky voice rang through the hall and I had to force myself not to shudder in pleasure at the sound that I used to hate so much. I turned around and walked over to Waeland who was in his usual friend group with a few other new girls that I didn't recognize clinging to Waeland's sides. I found myself glaring at the two girls, it's not unusual to glare at people, but I suddenly felt a strong hatred for these two for no real reason.

"Waeland, this guy gives me the creeps. He keeps glaring at us."

"Ew quit staring so hard you perv."

The two girls started talking and even their voices irritated me.

"Dude, chill Evan," Jonah chuckled. "They're just harmless chicks, they aren't going to destroy the world or something."

They could destroy my world, I thought as I turned back around quickly. "I'm leaving now," I said, not wanting to be around these people anymore. I just got around to tolerating Waeland and Samantha, I'm not ready for anyone else. Nope, not yet.

"Oh c'mon Evan, don't be like that," Waeland said as he grabbed my shoulder and turn me around, causing me to freeze a bit. Why does he have this effect on me?

"Whatever..." I mumbled under my breath and he chuckled as he threw his arm around my shoulder.

"Ignore his bad attitude, he's like this to everyone. He just has no social skills." Waeland said, keeping me in a headlock as I tried to escape his evil clutches. I growled when he said I had no social skills, but that just made everyone laugh in response.

"He kind of reminds me of a feisty puppy." One of the new girls giggled.

"Who are you calling a puppy, you b-" Waeland covered my mouth before I could finish my sentence.

"He's feisty, but he's definitely not a puppy." He defended me and I started to calm down a little so he let go of the headlock and let me go. "Evan's more like a cat."