Christmas Special

Evan's POV

Eight months later, Christmas Eve

Christmas songs blasted throughout the house filled with festive teenagers, wearing ugly Christmas sweaters and weird elf hats. Samantha made sure that everyone who came was dressed properly in the Christmas spirit if not, she wasn't shy to kick you out.

The walls were decorated with all different colors of lights. The stair rail was wrapped in garland and white lights that mixed in with the pine leaves. And, of course, a giant tree sat in the living room. Christmas lights and a variety of ornaments were sprawled all over the branches, along with little bows that matched the giant red and gold one that sat on the very top of the tree with its ribbons that fell down the sides of the tree gracefully.

My eyes were drawn away from the beautiful tree whenever an even more beautiful figure walked into my field of vision.

"There you are, sexy," Waeland said with a smirk across his lips as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around him in return and rested my head into the crook of his neck, taking in his familiar scent that I now found to be very comforting.

"You're the one that left me to hang out with your football friends an hour ago," I grumble, trying to sound irritated, but I wasn't really. I'm glad that he has fun with his friends at parties instead of babysitting me the entire time. As long as I don't drink, I'm good.

"I'm sorry, I know you don't like parties. Do you want to leave soon?" He whispered loud enough for me to hear over the music and planted a gentle kiss on my head.

I nodded and lifted my head, seeing that a few heads were turned our way, watching us with mixed expressions. Some seemed to find it adorable, others just seemed to find it a little odd to see Waeland and I together.

Even though a lot of people were shocked and some were even disgusted that the most popular guy in school was secretly gay, eventually people got over it. It eventually became a normal thing for people to see Waeland and I together, even if sometimes it still felt a little awkward. I didn't care and after a little while, neither did Waeland.

People must have got our 'I don't care vibes' and started to not care themselves. Garret it still a total ass-hat, but no one paid much attention to Garret anymore, he's just annoying honestly.

Things started going back to normal and Waeland was once again at the top of popularity list, although, I don't think he ever really fell from it.

He started to get invited to parties and other events that popular people go to, just like usual. Especially whenever football season came around again.

Waeland knows I don't like that kind of stuff though, so he usually declines, but I always tell him he should go even if I don't. He should still have fun, that shouldn't change because I don't like certain things. But Waeland always follows me around anyway, so sometimes I go just so he'll go and I don't feel guilty about depriving him of his social life.

People approached me all the time at the parties but eventually learned after a little while that I wouldn't talk to them. The only people I ever really talked to was Waeland, Jonah, and Samantha. Well, that was until a met a unique bunch of people. I guess most people call them the outcasts.

We found a lot of things in common, like hating people.

They found it humorous that someone like me was dating one of the 'socialites' as they call it. I find it kind of funny, too, but I can't help who I love. And I think Waeland and I complement each other, even if others disagree.

"Evan, Evan!" A high-pitched female voice squealed as she ran over to me and pulled me out of my boyfriend's arms.

I sighed and turned to face Samantha who was grinning like an idiot from ear to ear.