Chapter 14

Waeland's POV

As I pulled up to Evan's house, there was a car I didn't recognize. I've been to his house a couple times and I've never seen that car. And it's not Erica's car, I know hers well since she practically lives with me and my dad and she will be permanently soon.

I wonder if Evan finally got a car, that would be great. But as far as I know, he doesn't have a license. I kind of doubt he would tell me if he did get one though, he doesn't tell me all that much still. I'm hoping to change that with this trip though.

I stopped my train of thought as soon as I heard someone tap on my window. When I turned my head I saw Evan looking at me with that blank face of his and I smiled before stepping out of my car.

"Aww, were you too impatient to wait for me, my love?" I asked him and he made a weird face at me calling him 'my love'.

"Um, no. And I'm not your love. Anyways, my dad noticed you were here and he wants you to meet Jacob." Evan said, looking back at the house.

Huh, so I guess the car in the driveway is this Jacob guy's car? Darn, I was kind of hoping it was Evan's.

"Jacob? Who's he?" I asked as I followed Evan into his house.

"He's me," a man said, answering my question. I turned my head towards him to see a tall man with blonde hair and blue eyes. The opposite of Paul and Evan, I assume he's not related to them then.

"Oh, hi, I'm Waeland," I said, smiling at Jacob.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jacob, Paul's friend. I've heard a lot about you." He said with a small smirk and Evan tried to casually walk away but I grabbed him before he could.

"Oh? What have you been saying about me?" I asked Evan, now it's my turn to smirk.

Evan turned and looked at me, "That you're annoying and won't stop bugging me to do things with you. So I do them just to keep you quiet and happy." He said plainly and I pouted.

I thought I was getting him to open up to me, guess not, he's reverting back to his old ways. I sighed mentally. Well, this is just Evan I guess, I still like him, I'm sure I'll get him to open up. Eventually.

"That's so mean, we're friends," I whined playfully at him and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Friends? I could have sworn you two were more than that. Considering you guys kissed and you've been on a date. And now you two are going on a vacation together." Jacob said, looking at us in slight confusion.

"Nope. This guy here has friend zoned me." I said with a sigh and let go of Evan.

Evan just shook his head and walked upstairs, probably to get his stuff.

"Ah, I think friend zoning is kind of in his family..." Jacob told me with a sad smile and I looked at him.

Oh? Does he mean him and Paul..?

"So, you tried to go out with Paul?" I asked, curious. As far as I knew, Paul was straight, but you never know. He is okay with Evan being gay, and me too. But I also thought he was still in love with his ex-wife? At least, that's what Evan told me.

"Tried, yes. But not till a while after his wife left and once in high school. Paul has never be grossed out or put off by gay people, but he just doesn't swing that way, ya know?" Jacob said, looking kind of disappointed.

"Wow, so you've liked him since high school? Why don't you move on to someone else?" I asked, I know I'm being a bit nosey, but I want to know. I know why I'm chasing after Evan even though he friend zoned me for now. But that's because we haven't known each other for that long really. And technically we're going to be brothers...

"Hmm... That's a bit too personal, but let me give you some advice about Evan. That is if you're interested. I've known him since he was born so I could tell you a bit about him." Jacob told me and I shook my head.

"No, thank you though, but anything I learn about Evan I want it to be from him. I'll feel more accomplished that way." I told him and he chuckled in response and I only smiled.

"Alright, makes sense," he said just as Evan came back downstairs with a duffle bag.

"Ready to go?" I asked Evan and he shrugged.

"I guess, Jake, you'll be staying here the whole time with my dad, right?" He asked Jacob and he nodded.

"Well, most of the time, I still have to go to work, but I'll be here to keep an eye on your dad the rest of the time." Jacob finished and Evan smiled.

Smiled? Oh no fair, how come he smiles at this guy but not me? Whatever... I'll catch up soon enough.

"Alright, thanks again, Jake," Evan said and Jacob smiled back at Evan.

"Of course, Kid, have fun," Jacob said with a small wave and Evan nodded before waving back and following me out to my car.

I opened the trunk for him and he put his bag in my car before I shut the trunk and got in the driver side. Evan followed but got in the passenger side.

"Who else are you picking up?" He asked as he looked at me and I smiled mischievously at him.

"No one, they all have rides there, I just wanted to get some alone time with you," I said with a smirk and Evan gave me an odd look before backing up to his door.

"I don't know if this is safe... Should I leave?" Evan asked and I laughed.

"No, it's safe, I'm just going to be driving," I reassured him as I buckled up and pulled out of the driveway.

I saw Evan buckle up out of the corner of my eye and I smiled. Well, at least he's not going to jump out on me.

"How far away is it?" He asked.

"About two hours, why?" I replied, glancing at him, but I made sure to keep my focus on the road.

Paul is a cool guy, but I'm pretty sure if I drove off the road and hurt his son, he'd come after me for sure. But I'm pretty sure my dad would kill me before he even got to me anyway.

"Because I wanted to know how long I needed to nap for." He said while getting comfy in his seat and closing his eyes.

I gasped jokingly and pouted, "I'm offended, Evan."

He just shrugged and yawned before ignoring me.

Jeez... I swear if I don't get him to open up by the end of this trip, I may just have to give up on that idea. Not that I want to, but this is fun. And a bit difficult.