Chapter 35

Waeland's POV

Evan was a lot calmer than I expected him to be. Knowing him, I figured he would argue with me the whole time, ignore me, or slap me. Again. But surprisingly, he didn't. He just listened.

I thought it was odd, but at the same time, I was relieved. I'm glad he didn't lash out at me, even though he should have. I didn't do anything to deserve his forgiveness. Even if I did come out of the closet to over half the school, it still didn't excuse the pain that I put him through. And I know I won't stop trying to make up for it.

I was surprised when Evan called me "Mr. Popular". To be honest, it was adorable when he said it, it's almost better than him calling me "moron".

But nothing surprised me than when he asked me to go out with him again. And nothing made me happier. I guess he's just full of surprises today. I swear I miss him even more now even though he's right beside me.

After sharing a very long, but passionate kiss, we both agreed we should probably leave once the park started to be filled by little children.

It's not that I wanted to hide our relationship, but I don't think it's best for little eyes to see what I was planning on doing. And Evan agreed.

I suggested going to his house, but he seemed a bit hesitant. When I asked why he didn't really respond, he just said that he and his dad aren't on the best of terms right now. Which I find hard to imagine, they both always seemed close whenever I saw them. Though Evan seemed to be a little distant, he's like that with everyone so I didn't really think it was a shocker.

This does though, his dad doesn't really seem like the type of person to fight. Especially not when Evan was going through such a rough time.

Which made me feel worse, not only was he fighting with me but his dad, too. I couldn't help but feel guilty for not being there for him.

"Can we just disappear for a while, I don't want to see my dad. Or anyone else, " Evan complained with a pout as he crossed his arms over his chest. Even though he's mad, and I can tell he's genuinely upset, I still find him utterly adorable. How can anyone not? He's the cutest thing in this world, look at him.

"Now, now, Evan, you know you can't do that. Trust me, if we could, I would take you somewhere right now. But you need to make up with your dad. I don't know exactly what happened between you two, but I'm sure you guys can make up, right?" I suggest, but Evan doesn't seem to budge as he tries to sink further into the passenger seat of my car.

"Right?" I ask again, causing him to sigh in response.

"You're one to talk about making up with people, " He mumbled, trying to hurt my feelings, but I know he's just trying to get me off his ass. Nice try.

"I am, I made up with you, didn't I?" I teased, but he didn't seem to be amused.

"That was because I was feeling generous, " He huffed as he turned away from me and faced out the window. "And a little lonely..." Evan mumbled the last sentence, making my heart melt.

So even he gets lonely.

"Aww~"

Wait, am I supposed to be offended by that?

"Wait for a second, did you just say that you only made up with me because you were lonely?"

"Maybe, " Evan mumbled, but I didn't quite believe him.

I sighed, "You're just distracting me from taking you home, aren't you?" I ask, but he didn't respond. His silence was enough for me to know I was right. "Fine, if you don't want to go home, where do you want to go then?" I ask, giving in. I can't force him to make up with his dad if he's not ready.