Chapter 25

Waeland's POV

I sat in my car in the parking lot of the place that Evan had told me to meet in. I came earlier than he had told me to, but I had to make sure there wasn't any prank waiting for me. Samantha wouldn't tell me what she was up to, plus I found out that Evan was in on it yesterday, I have to be very cautious right now. I don't really think that Evan would do anything, but you never really know. I don't know Evan that well, so I don't really know exactly what he's capable of. But what from what I can conclude of him, he definitely doesn't seem like the prankster type. If you pair him up with Samantha though, a crazy, unpredictable woman, anything is possible.

I continued to watch Evan with no sight of Samantha around, he looked really nervous. That got me thinking, he told me it was important, and he looks super nervous and serious. Is he going to break up with me or something? I mean, it's definitely a possibility. Or maybe my dad talked to Evan and is making him break up with me.

I shook my head. No, Evan doesn't seem like a pushover or like someone that would just do something because some asshole told him to. I guess the only way to find out is if I go talk to him myself.

Sighing a little, I stepped out of my car and made my way over to Evan slowly. He didn't seem to recognize my presence though. That's dangerous, what if I was some mugger and I just walked right up to him and he didn't notice because he's not paying attention. For someone so smart, he can be kind of dumb at times. I waited another moment or two before I said something to grab his attention.

"How long are you going to stare into space before you notice that I'm here?" I questioned and the way he jumped in surprise made me smirk. He's so adorable when he looks surprised and confused.

"Uh, sorry, I was just thinking," He mumbled in a small apology as I watched him scan my body over from head to toe. I mentally laughed, trying hard not to actually laugh at the fact that he didn't even hide the fact that he just checked me out.

"Oh? What about? Me?" I asked as I moved closer to his body that was slightly hunched over on a bench. My smirk grew as I drew closer to him, thinking about all the things I could do to this boy right now. Alone. In the dark.

"What? No, shut up." Evan said quickly, I could tell he was lying though from the way his cheeks turned slightly pink and he glanced away from me as he stood up as if to defend his ground.

"Mhm, sure you weren't," I said playfully but decided to change the subject since as much as I'd love to tease Evan all night, I really want to know why he called me out here. "Anyway, what did you want to tell me? That is the reason you told me to come out here after all." I asked but quickly spoke again before he could get a word out. "Are you going to break up with me?" I questioned with a fake pout on my face, even though in reality I was hurting inside. If that really is the reason then I think I might be heartbroken. It's true, I haven't known Evan for that long, but I really do like him. And I don't want to lose him. I want to get to continue to get to know him and hold him and even love him eventually. This is the first real thing that I have felt in a really long time. Other than Samantha anyways, and even then it's not the same.

He shook his head quickly after removing the look of shock from his face, "No, where did that idea come from?" Evan asked and I let out a small sigh of relief.

I'm glad I was wrong. I never thought I would think that, but I really am.

"Well, you said that it was important and that you had to tell me in person, so my mind kind of wandered.." I mumbled quietly, kind of ashamed that I thought Evan would do that.

I heard him sigh before he suddenly grabbed my hand and started pulling me in a direction a little away from the park. I looked up at him, confused, but he didn't say anything, he just kept walking and I followed him.