Chapter 21

Evan's POV

"So, are you ever going to leave the house again?" Jacob questioned as he leaned against the door frame of my door, raising a brow at me.

"Don't know, when are you leaving the house? I was out of the house for a whole week just a few days ago and you don't even live here." I respond, glancing up at my computer at Jake and he just shrugs.

"I don't know, I'm just here to help your dad out. He needs me right now." He said.

The last time my dad really needed Jacob and he was here for this long was after my mom left. Then he stopped coming around as often, but I guess he decided to make another come back. I wonder if my dad is really okay. He told me he was, but with the way he's been clinging to Jacob like a child, I highly doubt it. I wonder if he found out about mom's wedding... I hope not.

"Whatever you say," I mumble and look back at my screen to continue watching a documentary about ancient Egypt.

"Hey, remember you're the one who asked me to keep an eye on him," Jacob told me as he shut my computer, meaning he wasn't exactly finished talking with me. He might as well be my third parent at this point.

"I did, but I meant just for when I was gone, I'm here now. I do appreciate you watching him when you did, but you can leave whenever you want to now." I tell him as I cross my arms. I really do want Jacob to go, not because I don't like him, it just feels weird to have more than me and my dad in this house.

"In that case, I'll stay till I want to leave," Jake said with a smirk.

Before I could really respond, my dad came trotting into the room and he grabbed Jacob while whining.

"Jaakeey, you left before I was done talking," He slurred out and Jake just patted his head.

"You were done talking, remember, you said you were going to take a nap and went to bed?" He asked my dad.

"I don't remember that..." Dad whined as he leaned against Jacob.

Jeez, my dad is just like a kid when he's drunk. Everyone always has to take care of him or he'll do something stupid. And the way he talks is like a two-year-old.

"Alright, let's take you to bed" c'mon." He said as he picked up my dad and carried him out of the room with little to no struggle.

My dad isn't small, but Jacob is a lot stronger than he looks. I was honestly surprised the first time I saw him pick up my dad.

Also, Jacob is just a computer designer, it's not like he has to work out for a living or anything. I guess he just has a lot of free time to work out since he works from home. Whatever he does, I'm thankful for though, because that means I don't have to try to drag my dad around the house to get him places.

My phone went off which brought me out of my thoughts and I checked the screen to see that Samantha had texted me. I've been keeping in touch with Waeland and Samantha since we left the lake house, I just haven't really seen them since. And honestly, I've been talking to Samantha because she keeps texting me every hour.

But I don't answer every hour.

Samantha: Hey, did you and Waeland break up?

What?

Me: What? No. We just talked an hour ago, how could have happened within that hour.

Samantha: stuff happens, anyways Waeland told me that you haven't talked to him much since last week and you're avoiding trying to see him are you mad or something