Chapter 8

Evan's POV

I woke up with my head pounding, as if my brain was trying to escape my skull. I groaned and blinked a few times, adjusting to the light before sitting up. I don't know what time it is, but seeing as it's still dark outside; I'm assuming it's around midnight or later.

I rubbed my eyes in attempt to see better and got up, realizing I was on the couch. I want my bed. My comfy warm bed... I thought, picking up the blankets that were draped over my body. I dragged my heavy feet up the flight of stairs, wishing that we didn't have stairs. It would make getting to my room much easier.

When I got to the top, I walked to my bedroom. I opened the door slowly with a small creak. I wrapped the blankets around me and flopped on the bed.

As soon as I got comfortable, the covers beside me shifted. Maybe I'm just imagining things since I drank so much.

I sighed and closed my eyes, trying to relax, but something felt off.

The covers moved again. My eyes snapped open again, I know I'm not imagining things this time. A strong arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to the lump on the bed.

Looking up to see the face of whatever grabbed me, I realized it was Waeland. What?! I screamed in my head.

I pushed myself away from him and that resulted in me landing on the floor. "Ouch..." I grumbled as I removed my aching body from the hard ground.

"Are you okay? That was quite the fall," A deep voice chuckled as they peeked over the bedside at my clumsy self.

"Yeah, no thanks to you," I hissed. "Why are you in my bed? Did you not go home after the party?" I got up from the floor and climbed back on the bed and set at the end, creating some distance between us.

"No... You passed out so I brought you home. Then your dad insisted that I stay the night since it was late," He told me. Great. This is what I get for going to a party with him and having an overly nice dad.

I just stared at Waeland in silence. Somehow, he looked even better under the moonlight. The light reflected off of his skin and eyes, making them glow like a cat in the night. It wasn't scary, I was captivated by the way they shined and sparkled.

A moment or two passed and I finally decided to quit staring at before he thought I was a creep. "Thanks for taking me home and not raping me."

He chuckled, "For a second there, I thought you were genuinely thanking me."

"Oh? What gave it away that it wasn't genuine?" I asked, pretending to be innocent.

He shook his head at me, "I see your sarcasm is still intact." I rolled my eyes, of course it is. "So... Do you remember anything from last night?" Waeland asked, looking at me as if I didn't remember.

I thought about it, wondering why he asked that. I remember going to the party, hating it. Then Waeland left me with the she-wolves. I drank a few cups of that punch, that I assumed was spiked with something. Even so, I kept drinking. Then after getting bored with being around people I didn't know or like, I went looking for Waeland. I found him and then... And then... Blank. I can't remember.

I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking really hard, trying to remember. I can't it's all a blur. I kind of remember sitting down beside someone. Then I was in their lap... And then I was... I was doing something, but I can't quite remember. I remember being carried somewhere, then I was dreaming. So I assume I fell asleep.

I now understand why my dad sleeps so much after drinking.

"I... I don't remember all that much. Why?" I asked, hoping I didn't do anything stupid.