Chapter 20

Waeland's POV

"Ouch, that looks terrible," Jenna said with a wince as she examined my swollen eye.

"Damn, who thought Waeland was the type that would be in an abusive relationship," Garret said with a small snicker.

Dick, if I wasn't trying to keep up appearances, I would have this guy tackled to the ground already. He's definitely my least favorite out of this group.

"I'm not abusive..." Evan mumbled under his breath from behind me. Which was true, he was just surprised, but he didn't have to throw a bar of soap at my eye. His reaction after though was so worth being hit over though. He immediately started freaking out about what to do.

Although, it would have been better if that didn't happen because this hurts so bad. And it makes my face look hideous. Evan has more strength than I thought. But then again, I was right in front of him.

"Relationship?" Kylee questioned and I remembered that I was trying to keep me and Evan dating away from them.

I couldn't hide it from Garret because of what he saw, but I wanted to keep it from everyone else at least. Except for Samantha, she knows just about everything, but she knows how to keep a secret.

"He was just joking," I said as I placed an ice pack back on my eye carefully.

"What were you doing in the bathroom in the first place?" Samantha asked innocently, even though she knew exactly what I was doing. The little...

"I didn't realize Evan was in there, but I went in there to look for him anyway because he disappeared." I lied, but they bought it because we all were looking for him.

"Makes sense, aren't you going to apologize, Evan?" Jenna asked and he mumbled his response quietly, probably still feeling bad.

"I already did... Several times..." Evan said quietly and it's true. After it happened he yelled at me at first, but after he was done yelling he just kept apologizing.

"It's okay guys, it was just an accident, it was my fault for barging in on him like that. Don't worry about it. You to Evan, it's fine, really I promise." I smiled at him and he gave me a small cute nod.

Ah, I love it when he doesn't have that stone cold look on his face, it just makes him seem so innocent and adorable.

"How mad do you think your dad will be?" Garret asked. "Don't you have to make a few public appearances for him because of his wedding coming up and stuff? Won't he be mad that his son has a black eye?"

"Maybe. But it's not like it was on purpose. So what does it matter." I say curtly, I probably shouldn't be rude or give Garret any reason to tattle on me for being with Evan, but I can't really control my anger around this guy.

But I'm not saying that I'm going to attack him, because that really would be bad. I may be "Mr. Popular" or whatever, but these guys are closer to Garret so they would come to his defense. Not mine. Then they would tell everyone around the school, and I really don't want that. Just like I don't want Evan and I's relationship being known throughout the school either.

Evan's POV

"Relationship?" Kylee asked and Waeland responded almost too quickly.

"He was just joking," He told her and everyone believed him and just shrugged it off.

But I didn't. Why would he say that? Are we not in a relationship? I thought I said yes to him, was I not clear or did he think that I was just joking?

Why do I feel this painful ping in my chest at the thought of Waeland not taking us seriously? I don't like it.