Chapter 13

Evan's POV

It's been a few days since I spoke to my mother. She told me to call her, but I don't know if I should yet. I'm still upset with her from how she left my dad and me. She is my mom, but I don't know if I want to speak to her again just yet. I still have to soak in the thought of Waeland and I becoming stepbrothers.

A part of me really wishes this is a dream. I don't want Waeland to be my stepbrother. Not because I don't like him, but because now I do like him.

Speaking of Waeland, after my mother and I talked, I decided to call Waeland like I said I would. He told me he knew that my mom went to talk to me, but he wanted to know if I talked to her and let her explain that she's getting married to his father. He seemed happy for my mom and his dad, and he was happy that Erica was kind and said that he didn't have to stop seeing me because of it. But he's scared of what his father might think. I asked why he was scared since we weren't dating or anything and he just laughed it off.

I don't feel bad for saying that we weren't dating, because we're not. I mean, I like him and all, but we're not a couple. We just went on one date and that's all.

And we kissed a few times... But still, we're just friends.

Huh... That's the first time I ever said we were friends. Waeland is really getting into my head.

Anyways, after talking to Waeland I remembered that Samantha told me to call her, but I couldn't remember where I put her number. I kind of wish I did, because first thing Tuesday I was chased down by the little she-devil and attacked for not calling her. Women are crazy.

I hate that I've been talking to so many people. I liked my peaceful life with little to no interactions. Now I have Waeland, Samantha, my mom, and a few other people that come up to me and say hi every now and then. Even though I just scowl at them in response, they just smile. Some people...

I sighed as I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door. Well, at least spring break is coming up soon and I'll be able to ignore everyone the whole time. No school, meaning I don't have to interact with anyone besides my dad for two whole weeks. And maybe his friend Jacob, but Jacob is an okay person.

As long as I lock my doors and windows. Waeland and Samantha aren't shy to just come barging into my house. As Waeland has shown before and Samantha has said before. I wonder if they're related or something. They're both crazy and annoying.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were cousins. Or maybe long lost siblings.

"Evan!" A deep voice yelled which brought me out of my train of thought as I walked into the school building.

"What.," I mumbled in response and kept walking. Really, spring break can't come soon enough.

"Oh don't be such a grump, spring break starts this weekend. I thought you'd be a lot happier since you hate being at school and all." Waeland said as he joined my side and walked with me.

"Yeah, I'd be a lot happier if I wasn't attacked as soon as I got to school," I told him as I made my way to my locker.

"Aww, but we've been having so much fun together. Besides, I didn't attack you, I'm just talking to you." He told me and I shrugged.

"The same thing," I said.

"Not the same thing, anyways, I have something to ask you," Waeland told me with excitement written all over his face.

I swear he's like a little kid sometimes.

"If you want to ask me on another date-" I started, but he interrupted me.