Chapter 29

Evan's POV

"Hey, Evan, want to hang out later?" Garret asked as he leaned against the locker beside mine. I was so tempted to slam my locker in his face.

But I'm going to try to be a good person so today. So I'm not going to.

"No, go away," I say bounty and slam my locker shut before walking away to head home. I'm glad today is over, I mean, technically nothing bad happened, I'm just upset that Waeland ignored me all day long.

"Why not? It's not like you have plans with Waeland or anyone else," He said matter of factly. How does he know that I don't have plans with Waeland? Or anyone else for that matter. He knows nothing about my life.

Except the fact that I go to school here. And hate his ass.

"I do have plans, with myself," I say.

"That's sad, why don't you hang out with me? We can do something fun. I promise I won't do anything you don't like," Garret tells me and I shake my head my head at him. In a way, he's kind of like Waeland with his persistence.

"I already told you no," I snarl at him this time and he takes a step back.

"Jeez, it's someone's time of the month," He says and I roll my eyes at him. "Anyway, if you change your mind, call me, I'm always free for you," Garret said with a wink as he walked away.

I shuddered, what a creep. Why can't people just leave me alone like they used to? Right... Because a bunch of attention is on me nowadays because of Waeland.

The Waeland that's ignoring me. But then again, it could just be a coincidence and he was just busy today. I hope that was it.

Yes, I'm used to being ignored and I like when no one pays attention to me. But now, when Waeland does it, there's this small lingering pain in my chest that I can't get to go away. Maybe I should go see a doctor.

No, I doubt that will do anything.

I sighed as I walked out of the hell place that they call school and started walking home. I wonder if I text Waeland if he'll answer. Yeah, he ignored me in person, but will he ignore me completely?

I'll just wait till I get home, I need to talk to my dad as well. Jeez, since when did I have to talk to so many people. I guess it's just inevitable, I have to do it at point or another, I can't just be avoiding people my entire life.

Even if I really want to.

I jumped at the sound of a loud honk coming from a car beside me and I quickly turned my head in that direction to see Samantha waving at me.

"Hey, Evan! Hop in, I want to take you somewhere," She said with a smile on her face as if I would just obey her and get in the car. I definitely wanted to tell her to screw off and just let me go home, but a small part of me was scared that if I told her no, she'd try to run me over with her car. I may be a fast runner, but I don't think I can outrun a car. Especially not one being driven by Samantha. That girl is crazy.

"Depends, where are we going?" I question as I hesitantly approach the passenger door of her car.

"It's a secret. Just get in, I promise I'm not kidnapping you," Samantha said.

"Oh, that's reassuring," I replied in a snarky tone, rolling my eyes. Samantha giggled as I entered her car and put on my seat belt.

"Isn't it? Anyway, we're going to Waeland's house," Samantha said as she started to drive before I could jump out of the car.

"Wait, what?! We can't go there!" I exclaimed, but she acted unfazed as if she expected this reaction from me.

"Why not? I'm his friend and you're his boyfriend. Well, going to be step brother according to his parents. So it's not like it's not normal for us to visit. Plus, this way you can see him without anyone at school making any assumptions." She said while glancing at me every now and then. I groaned and inched back in my seat.