Chapter 12

Evan's POV

I woke up on Monday in a much better mood then I have been lately. I don't know why though, maybe it was because I had fun yesterday?

No, impossible. I mean, I've had fun before with my parents. And why in the world did I kiss Waeland last night? I know it was a small kiss, but I just wanted to bury myself earlier for kissing him, and now I'm doing it willingly?

What has become of me?

I shrugged away my thoughts and got up and went to take a shower. When I got there though, the water was already running. I guess my dad's taking a shower right now. I'll go make breakfast then. I thought as I made my way downstairs to make something to eat.

I stopped as soon as a heard a knock on the door though. I swear if that's Waeland-

"Hello, Evan." My mother chirped as I opened the door, and for the first time ever, I kind of wished it was Waeland at the door. "Can I come in? Is your father home?"

She asked and I shook my head at her, "No, you can't come in. And yes, Dad is here. Which is exactly why you can't come in. He's just starting to get better from... The breakup. So please, leave." I said, even though a small part of me did want to talk to her, here was not the place because of my dad.

"Better? Honey, I can still see his beer bottles," she said as she nodded to the beer bottles on the coffee table. Damn, I didn't notice those.

I sighed, "Mom, can we talk somewhere else? I really don't want Dad to see you." I told her, slightly pleading. I don't want my dad to have a mental break down... Again.

"Alright, how about we meet at the coffee shop on seventy-first street?" She asked and I nodded quickly in response to get her out of here.

"Yeah sure, bye," I said as I started to shut the door.

"Meet me after school at four!" She called to me through the door before heading to her car. I sighed with relief as I watched her leave. I'm glad my dad didn't see her.

"Was that your mother's car that just passed?" My father asked and I tensed slightly.

"No, why would you think that?" I asked as I walked back into the kitchen to finish making the breakfast that I had already started making.

He shrugged and sat at the kitchen table. "No reason... So, how was your date yesterday?" My dad said as he wiggled his eyebrows at me and I just rolled my eyes.

"It was fine, Dad," I said, pouring the scrambled eggs into the pan.

"Fine? Oh c'mon son, I need more details than that. It was your first date, after all, go on, tell me." My dad said as he set down the newspaper that he wasn't really reading.

"Dad, aren't you supposed to be a dad? I thought only girls wanted to know about stuff like that." I sighed. I do not want to talk about my date... With another guy, to my dad.

He just shrugged, "Well, I'm always here if you want to talk to me about it. But, seeing your mood today, I'm assuming that I'll be seeing Waeland around here more often?" He asked and I thought for a moment.

"Maybe."

"This is great! My son actually has a friend! Or is it more than that," his voice lowered as he teased me.

I shook my head and grabbed my breakfast. "I'm eating upstairs, bye," I said as I scampered away from my dad.

"Hey, don't leave! I was just teasing!" He called from downstairs.

"I know, but I need to get ready for school!" I called back. "And I need to get away from your craziness," I added under my breath as I began to get ready for school.