Chapter 37

Evan's POV

"What happened to you? You look like you've seen a ghost?" Waeland questioned as I stared off into space, slowly eating a bowl of cereal that I had finally managed to make after several minutes of standing at the steps.

"I saw your father, " I said and Waeland made a face like he understood and I hoped he didn't ask any more questions about what happened.

"Oh. Well, close enough, " he chuckled as he poured himself a bowl of cereal and sat across from me at the round mahogany table. "But you know, last time you saw him, you seemed fine. In fact, you even stood up to him. Why are you scared of him now?" Waeland questioned, making me think over the incident again, making remember what he said.

"Don't wanna talk about it, " I muttered as I shoved a spoonful of frosted flakes into my mouth, not wanting to bring up what was said. Waeland would most likely make a few jokes out of it. Or maybe even try to do the real thing. Which I, am still not ready for. I mean, I can't even say three simple words.

"Alright then, " He said finally dropping the subject.

I stared at the bowl in front of me as I continued to eat, trying to forget what had happened. But for some reason, I couldn't.

I can't believe his dad actually thinks we did that. What else does he think we did? Honestly, though, I'm surprised at how calm he was. I guess Waeland and his dad really made up. And my mother really did break his heart. I felt awful. She is my mother and she hurt Stephan. Just like she hurt my dad. But I guess it wasn't in the same way.

Still, I felt bad anyway. Nobody deserves to be hurt like that, not even someone like Stephan. Who has lost love twice.

"Why don't we pay a visit to your dad this morning?" Waeland suggested and my thoughts immediately subsided, causing me to scowl at him. He just chuckled and smiled.

"There's that look that I fell for, " He said with a grin and I rolled my eyes. "But seriously, c'mon. I know you're mad at him, but things can't stay like this forever. And as much as I would love to wake up with you beside me every day, I don't like the idea of worrying, Paul. He's a good guy. Also, even though my dad is starting to try to understand and accept me and us, I don't think he's ready to let another guy live with me." Waeland said, and he had a point. But still, I really don't want to see my dad. I'm just not ready.

"Won't we be late for school if we do that. Can we do that after?" I suggest, but Waeland just shook his head.

"No, we can't, you need to go before school." He said, convinced he was right. I frowned.

"Why? This way I can think of what to say and talk to him when I'm ready, " I say, feeling irritated.

"Because if you don't do it now, then I'm going to have to deal with your grumpy ass all day. You should just make up with your day so you have a clear conscious and a good day." Waeland said with a nod of his head.

"One; I'll be grumpy either way, it's in my nature. Two; I wasn't grumpy yesterday, so why are you so sure I will be today?" I say as I cross my arms, not knowing if I should be offended or not, but I already was.

"Because yesterday I had the opportunity to pleasure you, and then you fell asleep, " He said with a cocky grin. "Today, you won't get either until tonight." Waeland finished.

He is such an asshole, but even though I knew that it still didn't stop my blush from creeping up on my cheeks. The words that his father had said came back into my mind and it only made my cheeks warmer.

"I meant sleeping, " Waeland said as he didn't even try to hide his obvious smirk. "But while your mind is in the gutter, please, let me join you."

"Shut up, " I grumbled, trying to hide my blush from him as I tried to finish the cereal that I had almost forgotten about.