Chapter 22

Waeland's POV

I knocked on Evan's door and heard a few people talking before the door was opened and I saw my adorable little Evan standing beneath the door frame.

When I say little, I don't really mean little, Evan isn't that small in the height department, he's just shorter than me because I'm taller than most people my age. I just think it makes him sound a lot cuter than he is.

"Hey, cutie," I say to him with a wink, which just makes him roll his eyes in response as he grabs my hand and pulls me inside. Usually, it's me who's grabbing him first. I smirked, I like this new development.

"Shut up, let's hurry up and get to my room before we're ambushed by my dad or Jacob." He told me in a whisper as he tugged me upstairs to his room.

Oh~, he's spontaneous today, I wonder what has gotten into him. Or I'm just taking this all wrong and Evan is really just being innocent and I'm not. Like always.

Evan shut the door behind us and sat on his bed with a sigh. "So, why are you here again? Other than being bored and wanting to see me?" He asked and I just shrugged.

"That's really it. And Samantha is being all weird and won't tell me what she's up to. She usually has me join in on her schemes," I pouted. Samantha has always been a troublemaker, but she usually drags me into it with her. I know she's up to something now, but she's leaving me out of it and it's disappointing. I like having some fun every now and then. Especially with someone I actually know and fairly care about.

Unlike the other assholes that are my friends.

Except for Evan, he's my boyfriend so it doesn't count. Even if he wasn't my boyfriend, he would still be an exception. I mean, he's Evan.

"Maybe she's playing a prank on you and that's why you can't know," Evan said with a shrug and I smirked at him.

"Why do you think that?" I teased as I raised a brow at him. Does he know something that I don't?

"Don't know, just a theory. It is Samantha we're talking about here." He says and I can't argue with him on that.

"So, why are we in your room with the door closed?" I ask, completely changing the subject.

"Well... My dad is a wandering drunk right now, and Jacob keeps being weird... So I'm trying to avoid them both. Plus they don't know about us and I don't want them getting any ideas since you don't want anyone to know." Evan explains as he fiddles with his phone like he's doing something, when really, I know he's not. He's adorable.

"Aww, are you sad that I don't want people to know." I grinned as I wrapped my arms around him.

"What? No, where did you get that idea? Moron." He growled at me while trying to swat me away from him. Oh, my nickname, haven't heard that recently. I know it's supposed to be an insult, but something about the way he says it just makes it sound like he really doesn't mean it.

"Whatever you say," I said with a grin.

"Hey, I've been thinking..." Evan started and I turned my attention to him.

"Hm?"

"Assuming that you asked me to date you while knowing that we're going to be stepbrothers, does that not bother you then?" He asked, and it threw me off a bit. Yeah, I know we're going to be stepbrothers, but I try not to think about it. I know my dad wouldn't be happy about it one bit, and he's already expressed that. But something about Evan being off limits just makes me want him. Like, wanting the forbidden fruit that much more. Besides, Evan is the only one that I've shown real interest in, in a very long time. I'm not going to let that go so easily.