Chapter 33

Evans POV

The first person I thought about contacting to find Waeland was Samantha, but then I remembered how disconnected she has been from everyone. So, I decided against it. I also thought about just going to his house since I remembered where it was.

I swear I'm not creepy.

But I also didn't think that was a good idea since it didn't go very well last time I showed up at his house without warning.

My last hope was my mom... Since, you know, she is Waeland's dad's fiance. I really don't want to contact her though. I guess I don't have a choice.

I sighed as I picked up my phone and dialed her number. Oddly enough, she still has the same she did ten years ago, so I remember it.

The phone rang a couple times before she answered, but when she did, she didn't seem happy.

"What?" My mother snapped. "Are you calling me just to yell at me for breaking up with Stephan just like I broke up with your father?" Her voice was angry, but I could still hear the quivering like she was crying.

I had no idea she broke up with Stephan, is she okay? What happened between them?

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that happened, " I mumbled apologetically, even though I hadn't done anything, but I was still sorry.

"Well, it did... So, if you didn't call for that, what did you call for?" She asked as I heard her sniffle, probably in an attempt to calm herself down.

"I just, " I started, I was going to tell her the truth, but I don't think that's a good idea. "I wanted to see how you were doing."

"That's not true, Evan, I know you better than that. Calle back whenever you really want to see how I'm doing or if you want to tell me the real reason you called, " My mom said and hung up without another word. Well then, calling my mom wasn't a good idea either.

Sighing, I leaned back in my chair and stared up at the ceiling.

What should I do?

~~

I was still thinking about what I should do whenever I walked through the school doors on Monday.

I wonder if Jonah will talk to me today, I thought as I made my way to my locker. When I reached it though, the picture Samantha had shown me was taped to the front.

Who the fuck...

A snicker the right of me answered before I could finish my thought.

"Waeland did what he was supposed to, but you kept pushing me away. Plus, Waeland just pisses me off in general, so why not." Garrett's sickly voice said besides my ear and I wanted to punch him right then and there, just like I did before.

"If you remember what happened the last time we got into a fight, I suggest you back the fuck up, Garret," I said, gritting my teeth together.

I saw him back up out of the corner of my eye, but a new guy stepped up. A much bigger man than Garret.

"So, I heard you like dick in your mouth, want me to fill it up for ya, " He said with a grin, but I could tell it wasn't because he wanted to actually do that. He was just teasing the gay guy.

I know I shouldn't punch anyone, but...

"Mr. Dawson, these people are harassing me, " I started plainly as I caught him walking passed in the hallway.

"Don't you guys have something more important to do other than feeding your big egos? Get out of here before I give you all detention for a month." He said as he stared down each of them as they scoffed and walked away.