CHAPTER I : DAFFODILS

ON THE ROAD AGAIN.

DAFFODILS REPRESENT NEW BEGINNINGS.

key
- from now on, ** will signify the start and end of a flashback
- trigger warnings!: none.

key- from now on, ** will signify the start and end of a flashback- trigger warnings!: none

THE L/N RESIDENCE, K/N.

TODAY WAS THE DAY. just weeks ago, y/n received the invitation to work in the faraway kingdom of manberg. they discussed the job with their relatives.

**

"so they'll treat you right, correct? i mean you're getting everything for free and you'll get paid." pops restated, a hint of protectiveness laced between his words. "and free transportation may i add." you chimed in.

"but you'll be away from me for months!" parker exclaimed, looking at you with an overdramatic pout. "what will i do!?" they giggled at their brother's reaction out of amusement, wondering how the boy wasn't part of a theatrical performance. "pops is here you know. he will take very good care of you while i'm away. plus, i'm communicating with more royalty. good variation for my resumé. good for my job and good for us." you reasoned, grasping his smaller hands in yours and rubbing your thumb against his knuckles out of reassurance.

"when you get my age, kiddo, you'll have to make difficult decisions like these. but that doesn't mean we'll ever part from one another. i'll always be back for you."

"promise?" he asked, voice softening and staring into your eyes as if this will be the very last time he'll do so. you observed your translucent reflection in his doe-like pupils, getting a glimpse of the corners of your lips ever so slightly lifting upwards, and with the fondest exchange that language and your matching tone will allow, you simply replied,

"promise."

**

so they accepted the job. currently, they've packed their bags and bid their farewells to their family. y/n turned to the carriage waiting for them, being met with two figures smiling and gazing at them tenderly.

both of them were pretty short in stature- generally around your height. one of them wore a beanie—LAFD printed across it—with some strands of black hair poking out and framing their face. it made you speculate if they were sweating underneath the sun's relentless heat but you brushed it off. the second even shorter one had fluffy, light brown hair, some tiny goat-like horns poking through the top of their head. both adorned simple but classy black suits with vests. "they must be butlers." you instantly thought.

"heyy hermosa! you're y/n, yeah?" the one with the beanie started as you made your way over. "yep! that's me. nice to meet you." you stuck your hand out to shake blatantly out of courtesy and professionalism. with your line of work and the people you meet daily, you're careful with making a pristine first impression.