EPILOGUE I : TOMMY, PT I

key
trigger warnings!: death, blood.

TOMMY DECIDED TO FOLLOW wilbur out of indecisiveness and curiosity, trying to control his stress with deep breaths while he quietly trailed his brother's figure.

when he reached wilbur, he found him striding towards a stone wall on the side of a hill. wilbur paused, reaching into his coat, pulling out a pickaxe.

tommy stared at him with a distressed look. ' why the fuck is he going to mine stone when tubbo is about to die!? ' he grabbed wilbur's wrist tightly, catching his attention.

"wilbur, what the fuck are you doing!?" tommy exclaimed, his eyes filling with angry tears.

"like i said, tommy, i'm going to fix this-"

"BY MINING A WALL!?"

"TOMMY, LET GO!" wilbur forcefully pushed him away, glaring at him slightly before turning towards the wall again, starting to mine the stone off.

tommy, still infuriated, huffed and ran back towards the lookout area. he was speaking and humming quietly to himself to keep him grounded before halting in his footsteps upon seeing his father.

"tommy, are you okay?" phil questioned, reaching out to rub circles in his son's back. his son just sniffled. "dad, i.. i don't know what's happening. w-wilbur went that way. he said he'd solve everything." he murmured out, trying hard to hold back tears as he pulled at his hair.

phil held a worried expression, his eyebrows furrowing while he reached for tommy's wrist, not liking the way he always inflicted slight pain on himself whenever the boy was anxious. "wil went that way?" he asked, wings slightly fluttering on his back. tommy nodded in confirmation. "...tubbo won't actually die, will he? this is just a sick joke. i mean- i know king found out but- he can't..." he trailed off, going into a state of denial.

phil silently sighed. "everything is gonna be okay, tom. we just need to figure this out." he comforted his son briefly, staying for a little while before tommy quieted down and he stopped trying to pick at his hair and skin, his breathing returning to normal.

phil then separated from him to check up on wilbur. he followed the way that tommy pointed to and was surprised to find a lit tunnel within a hill. he surveyed the area cautiously, slowing stepping into the unknown cavern.

he followed the torches on the walls until he reached the small room wilbur was in. his eyes widened upon seeing the carvings of y/n's name all over the walls, his son's fingers carefully following the grooves of each carving. ' this was a lot worse than i thought. ' phil mentally observed, gazing around before his eyes locked on wilbur's.

"phil, i'm so glad you're here. you get to see what i'm about to do to manberg." wilbur beamed, clapping his hands a bit.

"wil.. whatever you're gonna do, don't do it, please." phil tried beckoning calmly, slowly inching towards his son as to not scare him, almost raising his hands in surrender. although it was probably obvious just by glancing at the two men's eyes that phil was the frightened one. at this point, wilbur is unpredictable. he always has been.

"oh silly you, phil! you don't understand. pogtopia has always rebelled against manberg. we hate them! not only is tubbo about to die in their hands a just reason in of itself, but also.. they're taking my angel away from me." wilbur explained, a rigorous passion in his voice—a passion that everyone wished they had for the things they loved. but in this instance, it was a horrific, borderline delirious passion that tragic artists often cradled deep in their souls, a match about to be thrown in fuel.