CHAPTER XXV : HYDRANGEA

YOU'RE FINALLY HERE WITH ME.

THE HYDRANGEA IS A FLOWERING PLANT THAT REPRESENTS GRATITUDE, GRACE, AND BEAUTY. ITS COLORS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH LOVE AND HARMONY.

key
- trigger warnings!: none. ( ( HOLY SHIT FINALLY ) )

PRESIDENTIAL HOUSE, MANBERG

**

CALLAHAN CLUTCHED THE BAG close to him, attempting to shake away his anxiousness. he's been getting tired of not seeing y/n anymore, so he decided to go visit them. he was worried that he'd be intruding during their work hours, but he wanted to try anyways. if he was turned away, he figured he'd just ask when he could come back. no big deal. it was just his slight social anxiety getting to him—at least that's what he told himself.

once he felt somewhat relaxed and composed enough, he sauntered up to the presidential house, explaining his reasoning for visiting to the guards. after waiting a bit, the guards let him in and led him to king's office. callahan was nervous. he's never really faced royalty before. yeah he's had some customers from elite families (even some knights as well), but he never spoke to political royalty like this before, especially the literal emperor of manberg.

once the doors to the office opened, king turned around in his chair and faced callahan. "ah hello! nice to see you. wanted to ask me about something important?" callahan nodded, beginning to sloppily scribble on his notepad.

"hello mr. king. i'm callahan, a friend of y/n. i wanted to visit them if you don't mind. if they're working right now, i apologize. i'll come back another time" callahan gazed at king with a hopeful gleam in his eyes. king, however, after reading the notepad, met his eyes with a saddened expression, a smile attempting to lift the corners of his lips at the mention of your name yet he couldn't manage it. he couldn't bare a fake smile nor lie to a good friend of yours.

king sighed. "callahan.. you might wanna sit down for this." he fumbled with his notepad, turning it around and tilting his head in confusion while he obliged, slowly sitting down across from king.

"y/n... they've gone missing."

**

——-                       ——-                       ——-

CALLAHAN WANDERED THE STREETS OF GREATER SMP, shoulders slouching while the crowds around him seemed to smile and laugh obliviously. it's been only a day since king broke the news of y/n's disappearance to him. he didn't know how to feel. they've been gone for almost two months. what could've happened to them?

he talked to niki about it, both of them seemingly in a state of grieving over you. when will you come back? are you okay? why did you go away so suddenly? were questions that he constantly asked himself. he didn't know what else to do except visit a faraway friend named ranboo, seeking some sort of comfort and distraction.

he entered the pride palace, getting access due to a special pass that eret gave him. he wandered the corridors until he made it to the butlers's hall. he located ranboo's door, about to knock on it, only to be stopped by the familiar voice from behind him.

"oh hey callahan! what brings you here?" ranboo asked. callahan's eyes softened upon seeing him, giving his friend a small smile and a hug. "just wanted to see you :)" he wrote on his notepad. the duo ended up walking around the corridors, chattering and catching up with one another's lives. callahan along with niki were one of the first people eret introduced ranboo to when he was finally appointed as butler, and ever since then, they've been great company although their busying schedules separated them more and more.

they ended up in the lounging room they always went to, both of them finding comfort when using the sofas there, and always having exhilarating conversations in that specific area.

while they continued talking, there was a knock and a voice that interrupted them.

"hey ranboo?" you called out, opening the door to the lounge room to peek inside as you heard ranboo talking. when you saw that he wasn't alone, all three of you stared at one another with widened eyes. callahan thought he was hallucinating. weren't you missing?

"c-callahan?" you sputtered out, opening the door fully to reveal yourself. callahan instantly sprung up from his seat, rushing over to engulf you in the tightest hug. you obviously returned the embrace, giggling happily into the crook of his neck.

"what are you doing here?" you asked him as you pulled away from one another, you holding his shoulders. "i could ask the same to you" he wrote out on his notepad. you snickered. "here. sit down. let's talk." you declared while shutting the door behind you, linking elbows with him and guiding him to sit next to you. "wait.. you two know each other?" ranboo interjected, a confused and surprised look on his face.

the three of you stayed in the lounge room for a while, talking about random topics. ranboo learnt about you and callahan being friends, and callahan likewise learnt about your situation. he promised that he wouldn't tell anyone where you were. he even gave you a tailored dress/suit that he made himself. he spent so long on it since he couldn't stop thinking about you, and he wanted to give you a gift to flatter you. it was a project that erupted from the depths of his heart, using his skillful attention to detail and memories of things that you talked about liking to create a masterpiece of clothing.

as he handed you the bag, your eyes lit up in wonder. "what's this? for me?" you questioned, your voice's pitch heightening. callahan chuckled, nodding with a smile. you glanced at ranboo, seeing him nodding, beckoning you to look into the bag while he was sitting at the edge of his seat with more excited curiosity than you.

when you reached in and pulled out the dress/suit, you began to tear up out of happiness. "wow.. this is absolutely beautiful, callahan." you stared into each detail on it, its intricacies of stitches, emblems, and small jewels from the corset [i'm just gonna stick to describing a dress but if you chose a suit, just imagine the detailing on it from stitching, buttons, inner material, etc.] to its ball gown-style skirt made your eyes glimmer out of gratefulness. its craftsmanship and thoughtfulness jumped out at you. "where'd you even get this?" you questioned, almost speechless.

"i made it myself. glad you like it :)" his notepad read. you smiled up at him and gave him another bone-crushing hug, refraining from jumping on your heels. "i'll be sure to wear this to the festival." you also gazed towards ranboo for confirmation, seeing him clapping his hands. "that's the perfect occasion!" he agreed, making all of you grin joyously. "well, get ready to call me cinderella." you joked.

THANK GOODNESS YOU'RE OKAY, CALLAHAN.
I MISSED YOU AND NIKI.

——-                       ——-                       ——-

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
the plot is nearing its end ladies, gentlemen, and lads. get prepared y'all

w.c.: 1.1k+