CHAPTER XXIV : LAVENDER

WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE TOGETHER.

LAVENDER FLOWERS REPRESENT CALMNESS.

key
- trigger warnings!: obsessiveness, possessiveness, mentions of murder.

key- trigger warnings!: obsessiveness, possessiveness, mentions of murder

PRIDE PALACE, GREATER SMP.

COSMO STOPPED RUNNING when he reached the hallway y/n last turned, his shoes skidding against the floor. peering down the hall, he couldn't find their figure anywhere. ' there's no way i lost them. ' he thought, trying to contain himself from lashing out.

he slowly reached in his pocket and took out a pocket knife, flicking the blade out. the hyperventilating underneath his breath, the menacing eyes almost boggling out of his head, the knife gripped tightly in his white knuckles—he appeared like the prime recipe of a lunatic.

he inched slowly within the hallway, staring at all of the closed doors. ' you have to be behind one of these. '

"c'mon, my dear sweet! you can't hide from me for long!" his lips stretched into an unsettling grin, getting excited at the idea of having you all to himself.

his eyes locked on every door possible, swinging them open hurriedly and using his gut feeling. it wasn't a hide and seek game between you and manberg. it was all down between you and cosmo now.

when he crept towards one of the rooms in the middle, he went to reach the doorknob. before he could turn it though, it turned on its own. the door opened to reveal ranboo carrying a vacuum cleaner.

cosmo panicked, quickly hiding his knife behind his back. he tried his best to compose himself, attempting to get the psychotic gleam in his eyes to dissolve. he did a successful job, putting his acting skills to use. "oh hey cosmo! i was just cleaning the rooms. what brings you around here?" ranboo greeted casually.

he swallowed. "o-oh hey ranboo! haha long time no see. um... i'm actually looking for.. corey! yeah, my core bear. i wanted to ask him something but he went off on his own. i saw him walking around here i believe. have you seen him?" he questioned, trying to improvise a solid excuse.

"oh, corey?" ranboo asked, peering around the hallway. "no. i believe not. i haven't heard anyone come around here. plus i checked most of the rooms." ranboo gave cosmo a small tour, leading him into each room in the hallway to check them. [reading back at this, i'm seeing a parallel here. y'all seeing it too?]

to his demise, cosmo found you nowhere. not a single trace of you. suddenly, his gut feeling began to go awry, leaving a sour taste in his mouth. he could've sworn he was chasing you.

it felt so real. he could recall the pure adrenaline and dopamine pumping through his veins with crystal clarity. he's never felt that feeling with anyone, even when he was on stage once in a while, dressing up his friends and partying until the break of dawn. it was you that made the difference.

"welp.. nobody's here. i apologize for wasting your time." ranboo bowed down to cosmo out of courtesy. "no no. you're alright, ranboo. i guess i'll just go to eret if he's here." cosmo trailed off somewhat disappointedly although he tried to hide it.

"oh alrighty then. i have to get back to work. it was a pleasure seeing you. have a nice day, cosmo."

"you too, ranboo." the two men bid each other farewell, the butler walking down the hallway from where cosmo originally came from, disappearing out of sight.

cosmo stood there, fiddling briefly with his pocket knife before closing it and putting it away. he scoured the hallway once more, the feeling of emptiness finally settling in and officially confirming you were gone. he began to walk, heading towards eret's office, his thoughts left in limbo. has he gone so mad that he hallucinated you? was that whole pursuit an illusion?

——-                       ——-                       ——-

Y/N HAD THEIR HEAD DOWN, sitting on the floor next to the open toilet. when cosmo was chasing them earlier, they were lucky enough to be found by ranboo.

ranboo immediately grabbed onto your arm and pulled you into him, causing the two of you to teleport into your bedroom. you kind of forgot what happened. it was all so quick and it looked like a flash. then suddenly, there you two were, standing in the middle of your bedroom.

you instantly didn't feel right. you felt very light-headed and nauseous, heading to the bathroom and camping out in there for the time being. ranboo told you that was normal, especially when it's people's first time teleporting with him. he apologized profusely, promising you that next time would be a better experience.

while he went off to go distract cosmo, you sat in the bathroom, soaking in your feelings. you realized how much worse the situations are now: both wilbur and cosmo were stars over sky insane over you. you absolutely hated it. ' why can't i just get out of this and go home? why couldn't i have worked like normal? ' you began to sob quietly, fresh tears dribbling down your cheeks.

you remembered how you got king's letter months ago.

WE ARE IN NEED OF YOUR SERVICES. WE HEARD YOU ARE A GARDENER, AND YOU HAVE WONDERFUL REVIEWS FROM CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE HIRED YOU.

you came here just for the sole intent of gardening. and now here you are, stuck with unpredictable people. wilbur, cosmo, asher... could it get any worse?

you heard the bathroom door open, revealing ranboo. he gazed down at you, his expression lacing with concern. he crouched down next to you, running his fingers gently through your hair and rubbing circles in your back.

"hey hey. it's okay now. they don't know you're here. you're safe now." he cooed, trying his best to comfort you with a much softer approach. "here. i brought you some tea. it should help with your head." ranboo showed you the tea cup settled on a tiny plate that he was holding in his other hand.

you sniffled, your glossy eyes flickering between him and the tea. you nodded silently, cautiously taking the steaming drink into your own hands. ranboo stood up for a moment, grabbing some tissues, and then sat down next to you, wiping the tears from your cheeks.

you stared at him in awe, a sweet smile stretching out on your face. "thank you, boo. i don't know what i'd do without you."

THAT WAS A CLOSE ONE.

——-                       ——-                       ——-

CHAPTER SOUNDTRACK.
ABBEY - MITSKI.
relates to the feeling of cosmo's pursuit but it ultimately showcases the duality between cosmo's feelings vs y/n's feelings.

PREVIEW LYRICS.
I am hungry
I have been hungry
I was born hungry
What do I need?
I am something
I have been something
I was born something
What could I be?
There is a light that I can see
But only, it seems, when there's darkness in me
There is a dream that I sometimes see
That only appears in the dark of sleep

——- ——- ——-

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
ranboo and y/n dynamic makes me cry and sob and melt into the floor

w.c.: 1.1k+