CHAPTER III : PLANIFOLIA

THAT SMELLS SWEET.

THE VANILLA PLANIFOLIA, AKA THE FLAT-LEAVED VANILLA PLANT, IS AN ORCHID THAT PRODUCES VANILLA.

VANILLA IS A SCENT AND FLAVORING THAT IS OFTEN ASSOCIATED WITH SOFTNESS AND WARMTH.

key
- trigger warnings!: none.

key- trigger warnings!: none

PRESIDENTIAL HOUSE, MANBERG.

Y/N TRAVELED THROUGH THE HALLS, greeting some servants passing by, and making their way into the kitchen. while crafting a small breakfast for themselves, they got scared by quackity.

"BOO!" you jumped, nearly dropping your food. "dude! why did you do that!?" quackity beamed with laughter, seeing your distressed expression that soon curled into a slight smile. "i'm sorry i'm sorry. i couldn't help it." quackity said between some wheezes and catching his breath, smiling at you.

you sighed and shook your head, continuing on with fixing up some sustenance. "so, you busy today?" you asked, striking up some small conversation. "i guess you can say so. king treats butlers like they're his personal assistants so we get to do some work alongside him unlike the servants." he explained, hopping up on the counter and sitting down, letting his feet dangle above the floor. you hummed in response while stirring a hot drink and taking a sip.

"is it hard work?"

"not at all."

quackity smiled while watching you. the two of you continued to converse while you were eating, both of you jabbing jokes and teasingly threatening one another. overall, starting your first day of work with friendly colleagues and cheeks hurting from smiling so wide was a mere blessing from the universe.

"well, i gotta start working. didn't come here to mess around you know." you teased, putting your plate and utensils to the side and nodding as a maid offered to take it. "i'm pretty sure you got work too, yes?" you took steps towards him until you were inches away from his face. he chuckled, staring at you crossing your arms before he nodded despite not wanting to agree in order to spend just a little more time entrapped in this moment. "i'll see you later though right?" he asked with a hint of curiosity.

you nodded and smiled at him, patting his beanie. you grabbed your gardening box full of restocked seeds and other gardening tools before giving quackity a final wave and heading out towards the greenhouse room. once you arrived, you gently opened the double glass doors and instantly felt in place—the feeling of being where you were meant to be felt like no other—so much so that it was utterly unexplainable. the temperature rose as normal and you heard the sound of a watering hose being used.

you started following the hose which almost resembled a snake slithering within the faux grass and found the person at the other end. when fundy recognized your figure, he immediately dropped the hose and jogged over to you with his arms outstretched for a hug. you chuckled and put down your gardening box, hugging him back. "nice to see you again, fundy." you said as you hugged him, giving him a squeeze before both of you pulled away, still holding each other. you didn't mind the physical contact.