EPILOGUE II : TOMMY, PT II

key
- trigger warnings!: mention of death.

AS THE GROUND SIZZLED and explosions raged throughout the festival, y/n was on the run, searching for the nearest and quickest exit. they just witnessed niki die from falling rubble, and now they were definitely on the brink of life or death.

before you could gather your thoughts, a familiar blonde grabbed your arm. "Y/N/N C'MON!" tommy called out, dragging you towards a secret pathway out of the festival, the ringing in both of your ears blaring and only climbing the decibel scale.

your feet continued to ache in heels/dress shoes, having the desire to slip them off and throw them away for eternity. nevertheless, you synced your steps with tommy's, letting him grip your arm.

in a short amount of time, you two were out in the public eye of manberg's streets, tommy's fast instincts helping you push past crowds of panicked citizens while he glanced behind him once in a while to see if you were still there.

while you two were scurrying, an audible crack was heard in the ground, prompting everyone to peer below them. almost in the blink of an eye, an explosion detonated nearby, causing the both of you to propel forward and separate. by now, the ringing was deafening, scarfing and swallowing background noises as if it was its last feast.

despite this, tommy was determined to get out alive with you. he scrambled up off the ground, helping you up before continuing his trek, both of you pedaling your legs marathon style.

while your pace kept fastening, shoes clapping erratically against the ground, you noticed the crowds of people began to shrink in size, everyone still madly sprinting from the oncoming, volatile explosions from the ground, scattering dirt, smoke, and rubble into the air, some flames catching onto buildings and vehicles and only spreading disaster.

eventually, the two of you ended up in the forests. tommy undoubtedly knew where he was going, leading the way like it was the back of his hand.

you kept pedaling on forward, realizing the situation you were in: manberg just exploded. the whole kingdom will probably be gone sooner or later, and tommy helped you escape it all alive. ' thank god for tommy. '

"hey tom.." you let out, both of you still sprinting, your heavy breathing being the only thing that was inharmonious. "yeah, y/n/n? are you okay?" he questioned with concern, finally making the two of you slow down the pace.

"yeah i'm fine. i just- i just wanted to thank you." you stated, giving him a soft smile. his eyes were shimmering as he stared at your face, then looked away out of slight fluster. "yeah yeah. don't thank me. you were just the first person i saw that i could save. i don't wanna go through this alone, y'know?" he replied, making you chuckle. even in adversity, he tried to keep up a tough, jokester exterior.

"well i'm glad you care." you commented, smiling a bit. "i don't wanna go through this alone either." your words made tommy glance up at you, this time with a much more tender smile as well.

later on, you two eventually switched to walking, still holding onto one another—both of you afraid that if you separated from your touch, you'll lose each other for eternity. you helped each other climb up the rocky hills as the landscape seemed to transform, tommy claiming that both of you were getting off the borders of neutral territory near greater smp.

when you reached the top, you took a break, sitting down on the hill overlooking manberg. there was an abundance of dark smoke clouds filling the air, some flames flickering in the distance. there was still some explosions ongoing, making the ground rumble randomly. both of you stared at the damaged view in silence, basking in what you two just escaped from.

"this is insane..." you muttered underneath your breath. "couldn't agree more." tommy replied, looking at you. you gazed back at him, sighing. "you know i didn't expect all of this... is everyone usually this crazy in these kingdoms?" you asked, the question constantly lingering on your mind.

"oh you'd be surprised." he said, snickering, although it was clear in the twinkle within his eyes that he's suffered some trauma from the things that's occurred around him—wilbur's behavior of course stung the most since it's his own brotherly role model, but he'll also never forget another theatrical character that always threatened l'manberg way back then. you shook your head, a light smile grazing your face as you tried to soften the mood.

"you were born here right?" you asked, making some conversation. the two of you continued to talk, trying to lighten the situation and get to know each other on a deeper level compared to all the times the both of you hung out in pogtopia, often with tubbo at your sides.

"i feel like going home." you interjected, still staring at the smoke that was continuously rising and pluming up from the presidential house.

"let's go then shall we?" tommy offered, brushing himself off and gazing at you with a smile. you raised your eyebrows in surprise, seeing him stick his hand out for you to grab. "let's find a way to get there- no matter how long it takes. we've got each other now." he encouraged.

you accepted, letting him pull you up to your feet.

" you lead the way this time. as long as i'm staying with you, i think we'll be okay. "

" okay. but just warning you tom, i have a little brother at home. please don't drop kick him. "

" don't know about that one, y/n. you know i like drop kicking kids. "

——-                       ——-                       ——-

EPILOGUE SOUNDTRACK.
ESCAPE FROM L.A. - THE WEEKND.
the lyrics and song talks about getting out of a place that brings negativity—especially due to growing power dynamics—which is also what y/n and tommy are doing :)

PREVIEW LYRICS.
'Cause I got everything I wanted
Got the money, got the cars, got the ceiling with the stars
Got everything I wanted
But I'd be nothing without you
Gave you everything you wanted
Gave you power, gave you life, gave you space so you can shine
Gave you everything you wanted
But none of that matters to you, oh-oh
This place (this place) is never what it seems
Take me out, LA
Take me out of LA
(Oh, out of it, woah-oh) This place will be the end of me

——-                       ——-                       ——-

w.c.: 1.0k+