CHAPTER XX : CASSIA

LIFE ISN'T A FLOWER FIELD UNTIL YOU FIND THE RIGHT PERSON TO HELP IT BLOOM INTO ONE.

THE CASSIA, AKA CHINESE CASSIA OR CHINESE CINNAMON, IS AN EVERGREEN TREE THAT PRODUCES CINNAMON.

CINNAMON IS A SCENT AND FLAVORING THAT IS OFTEN ASSOCIATED WITH STRENGTH AND SOOTHING WARMTH.

key
- trigger warnings!: mentions of kidnapping.

key- trigger warnings!: mentions of kidnapping

" JUST KEEP RUNNING. "

y/n ran as fast as their legs would let them, getting soaked by the endlessly pouring rain that continued to clash against the ground and sky.

"DON'T WORRY. I'LL CATCH UP TO YOU."

phil's words rang throughout your head as a sort of reassurance, reminding you that you needed to keep going. you took random turns, not knowing where you were going. every direction of the forests appeared similar, making you hope you weren't going in a circle.

you wondered if techno was okay, reminiscing on the time you spent within his house. you missed how warm you felt there, and how techno and phil took care of you. ' why can't i just go back? ' you thought to yourself, wanting to cry. ' why did wilbur make a fuss over me? what's so special about me? is there really something wrong with me? '

before your thoughts could continue to muster up a storm greater than the one above your head, you saw the forests start clearing up, the trees becoming less prominent as you ran closer to a building with stone grey walls in the distance.

eret was residing in his office, watching the ran pour down on the south side of the castle through the grand windowpanes, the corners of it having tinted designs of greek myths.

he sipped his hot cocoa, the warmth against his hands from the cup radiating relaxation. as his eyes trailed around the southern courtyard, he spotted a person in the distance.

she stood up from her seat, setting the hot cocoa to the side, her eyebrows furrowing in surprise and confusion. she stepped closer to the window to make sure she wasn't hallucinating. to her concern, it was indeed a person.

sprinting up close to the building, you realized it was a humongous castle. you stopped running, your legs aching while you panted.

squinting your eyes to see the detail of the structure, you managed to spot a silhouette standing in a room right by the window. the window was the biggest one in the middle of the wall, prompting you to stare into it and at the figure standing behind it.

out of instinct, you began waving your arms in the air, hoping whoever stood behind it could see you. ' they could probably help me. this is my last hope. '

eret stared out at the person who now looked like part of the castle's barriers, waving their arms frantically. their eyes widened at this gesture. ' holy shit they probably need help. ' eret quickly backed away from the window, bolting out of their office to go to the back doors of the courtyard.