CHAPTER V : SUNFLOWERS

JUST LET ME ADORE YOU.

SUNFLOWERS REPRESENT GREAT HAPPINESS AND ADORATION.

key
- trigger warnings!: none.

key- trigger warnings!: none

PRESIDENTIAL HOUSE, MANBERG.

Y/N HAS UNDOUBTEDLY BEEN WORKING HARD. they made sure their work was as perfect as perfect can be. every move they made to take care of the rows of plants and flowers everyday was delicate, treating each one with an equal amount of fragility. and of course, this work absolutely paid off.

it's been close to a month and the greenhouse room was already bustling with bees pollinating flowers and being cared for by beekeepers, an enormous garden in a windowed box full of lively, maturing nature that stretched around every corner, and servants happily picking out fresh fruits that were being grown from trees.

besides work, you've also been keeping up with the friends you've been making. every morning and almost every time you were on break, you and quackity would hang out, you two becoming closer as the days went by, both of you exchanging humorous laughs and inside jokes throughout the granite corridors. you two even had a secret handshake now.

on the other end, you'd always talk and work with fundy in the garden when he was there. for the most part, he's stationed there but some days he was away, having to work with king. you and tubbo of course kept in touch, him always visiting the greenhouse room before your breaks so he could chat up a storm with you and fundy. you also took advantages of some of your breaks to get out of the presidential house and explore manberg with niki. it was evident that niki wanted to spend more time with you so she would tour you around manberg's plazas and museums, both of you loving each other's presences and buying each other gifts like jewelry and clothes.

you didn't expect it at all but you felt like you were hit with a wave of happiness in manberg. and don't get you wrong, you relished this feeling and this lucky experience in all its glory. however, it still took you by surprise. some days, you did feel particularly homesick, and today was one of those days. you were indeed grateful for the sun rising and setting and all the fruitful smiles, laughter, and affection that spread itself out everyday—you wouldn't have asked for anything different—and seeing tubbo especially reminded you of parker and pops.

as you were in the kitchen getting ready in the morning, you were alone, being cuddled by solitude. quackity was usually sitting on the counter watching and teasing you with grand gestures and silly comments, but he informed you beforehand that he's been requested to report to king earlier than usual. it happens some times, especially when a meeting is going to happen soon apparently.

when you were finished eating, you heard footsteps rushing into the kitchen. "hey y/n/n!" tubbo beamed, going over to hug you. you smiled and returned the hug, gazing at him and ruffling his hair.