CHAPTER XXIII : OLEANDER

WHEN WILL THE PURSUIT STOP?

THE OLEANDER, AKA THE NERIUM OR THE NERIUM OLEANDER, IS A HIGHLY TOXIC PLANT/SHRUB THAT CAN CAUSE POISONING WITH SEVERE REACTIONS.

OLEANDERS REPRESENT DESIRE, DESTINY, AND CAUTION. THEY'RE ALSO ASSOCIATED WITH EVERLASTING LOVE.

key
- trigger warnings!: obsessiveness, possessiveness.

key- trigger warnings!: obsessiveness, possessiveness

PRIDE PALACE, GREATER SMP.

Y/N AND RANBOO let out a good laugh in the kitchen, ranboo almost spitting out his drink.
|
[reminder that laughing gives you serotonin and makes you feel good so go find something funny or something that makes you smile. i have good memories with a music teacher that always told the class to always laugh and have a fun time. i miss him dearly :)]
|
after finally calming down, the duo clutching their stomachs while trying to catch their breaths, they both looked at each other with childish grins.

ranboo playfully shoved your arm, you doing the same thing back. you both paused to stare at one another, then burst out into giggles once more. "that's not even funny!" ranboo let out. you grabbed his upper arm and gave it a small squeeze.

"hold on hold on. i need to use the bathroom." you squeaked out, trying to compose yourself while you slipped down from sitting on the kitchen counter. both of you were still in a delirious state, still thinking that even breathing was the most comedic thing on earth.

you clambered out of the kitchen and down the hall, opening the door to the bathroom. you went in to do your business and so on and so forth. right after finishing up when you were about to grab the doorknob, you heard fast-paced knocks erupt against the door.

"y/n/n! are you done yet?" ranboo whisper-yelled in a worrying tone. you opened the door, seeing ranboo tapping his foot against the ground anxiously. you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. "what's happening-"

"the tricky trio is here! they came in without notice. i think they're trying to find eret. we gotta hide you!" he managed to blurt out, all of the words splashing against you like a tidal wave.

your eyes widened. "shit."

——-                       ——-                       ——-

THE TRICKY TRIO ENTERED eret's castle, wanting to visit him out of courtesy and also boredom. the knights were tirelessly attempting to search for you, every night becoming less successful. some even thought you were dead at this point, the corpse probably missing.

corey was becoming lovesick. he felt like giving up already, but the thought of your presence being back and able to stand by him even for just a small amount of time is what kept his spirits up. nevertheless, the toxic thoughts and sick murmurs from the other knights did slip into his mind once in a while. ' even if you are dead, i still need closure. i deserve that. ' he'd remind himself, taking deep breaths before power naps, often closing his eyes in prayer while he lit up a new torch for the search group.