CHAPTER XXIX : WHEN FLOWERS DIE OUT

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THE RINGING IN MY HEAD IS MUSIC!

key
- trigger warnings!: obsessiveness, trial for murder.

MANBERG FESTIVAL.

" C'MON, TOMMY! " wilbur called out, beckoning his younger brother to their lookout spot so they could attend the festival in secrecy. as they saw people trickle in, they recognized many faces that they considered good friends—and some even enemies.

wilbur and tommy joked around, making fun of the elite classmen and talking smack about them like they'd do traditionally when they attended the festival, mocking their posh accents while waltzing and throwing themselves around. tommy gazed at wilbur with a thrilled expression, glad he got to spend quality time with his brother.

what he didn't know was wilbur's real reasoning—his surprise for manberg. wilbur was so giddy when he got up this morning, forcing everyone to get out of bed early. he was dreaming about the destruction he'd cause, how proud techno would be to see the government fall apart, and how happy he'd look when he'd get y/n back (or at least eliminate the competition)... if only they were here right now.

he promised to keep searching for you once the manbergians were out of the way, confident that he was the only person who would be able to find you after the festival was over. the thought of being able to cuddle you again made him almost joyfully burst at the seams. but he kept up the optimistic facade for his family.

speaking of family, wilbur and tommy were able to spot them all—phil especially with his wings and techno with his lustrous pink hair—sometimes looking over at them to make sure they were doing okay. that's when tommy's eyes widened in surprise, seeing you walking alongside tubbo and ranboo.

"y/n..." he muttered under his breath. he thought his brother couldn't hear him, but he did. wilbur's ears instantly perked up, taking his entire body up with him as he shot up, climbing next to tommy.

"did you just say y/n?" wilbur questioned eagerly. "look!" tommy pointed your figure out in the crowd. it didn't take long for his gaze to follow along and his lovesick eyes to adjust.

that's when he found you.

walking with tubbo and ranboo.

oh how beautiful you looked, the imaginary angel wings moving on your back. the dress/suit you wore complimented your figure, the way you smiled—you looked so happy. and-

wilbur's thoughts seemingly cut off when he saw you separate from tubbo and ranboo, going over to techno.

his face flashed with multiple emotions, contorting from confusion, to curiosity, to boiling jealousy.

you chatted with techno- appearing so wonderfully jubilant- like you were closer to the blood god than wilbur.

you even touched him.

YOU EVEN TOUCHED HIM.

wilbur let out a faint, aggravated sigh, clenching his fists until his knuckles turned pale. why weren't you that happy with him? wait wait wait let's back up for a second.

he shook his head, bringing himself back to reality and keeping his eyes steadied on you. why was he so mad at techno? he didn't mind you spending time with his family. he even figured out how to make you smile from watching them. he should be thanking them!