CHAPTER XXI : YELLOW ROSES

YOU REMIND ME OF SOMEONE.

YELLOW ROSES REPRESENT FRIENDSHIP.

key
- trigger warnings!: none.

key- trigger warnings!: none

PRIDE PALACE, GREATER SMP.

ERET'S BUTLER STARED BACK AT YOU with a mix of confusion and wonder. he cleared his throat. "uh i apologize, eret. i was just looking for you but if i'm interrupting something i'll go-" he gripped on the doorknob, about to close the door when eret stopped him.

"no! it's fine! come in real quick." he beckoned the butler back inside. you got a better look at him when he stood in the room: he wore the same butler's suit that quackity and tubbo have, a silver pocket chain dangling in his right pocket. he had unique features, his face being split with black and white skin. his eye on the black side of his face was green while the other side contained a red eye.

he also had pointed ears and coconut brown hair, and was extremely tall—even taller than techno and king who were the tallest people you knew. you stared into his eyes, finding them somewhat mesmerizing.

"so this is y/n. they're staying here." eret introduced, making the butler's ears slightly twitch and eyes widen although he tried to keep his shock composed out of respect. you carefully stood up from the bed, sticking out your hand. "nice to meet you." you sent a friendly smile while looking up at him.

"oh! aha nice to meet you too! my name's ranboo." ranboo returned the handshake, awkwardly shifting his feet. "so you're the one who's missing?" he sputtered out. you giggled. "yep! that's me. life is full of surprises, isn't it?" you replied optimistically, making ranboo and eret laugh.

"okay okay but seriously though, y/n is going to be staying here secretly for important reasons." eret explained to ranboo, "you can't tell anyone they're here. got it?" ranboo nodded. "alright. well, have fun playing manberg's game of hide and seek." ranboo teased you. "aw thanks. i hope i win." you joked back, making all of you laugh. "well i have faith in you. you're a pretty good hider."

——- ——- ——-

IT'S BEEN NEARLY A WEEK since you first arrived at the pride palace and met eret and ranboo. speaking of ranboo, you were both becoming close friends within a short amount of time. you both shared the same humor and you hung around him a lot since eret assigned him as your personal butler.

he had a really fun time hanging out with you, being glad that eret decided to take you in. you two would often sneak by the halls, him always making sure no knights or other butlers or maids saw you. eret even alerted ranboo if visitors were coming just to keep the two of you in check.

you two would often do as many random things as possible, playing dress up and having small fashion shows with eret's clothes, to horribly butchering books in foreign languages from the underground library and trying to guess what they were saying, to beating each other in monopoly. you even taught him casino etiquette, teaching him how to play poker and blackjack.

in return, he showed you some of the specialty rooms of the castle. you got to see a golden toilet, rooms full of pride flags, and a shrine dedicated to a milfy fish that you later learned was wilbur's ex wife when l'manberg was around, the shrine being an inside joke between eret and ranboo.

acknowledging that you were a gardener, he brought you into an observatory room. the room was similar to the greenhouse room in the presidential house but instead it had slightly tinted skylights and it was filled with butterflies instead of bees. you decided as a way to give back to eret, you would work in the room to fix up some of the plants and flowers. it was ironic how you switched kingdoms during your stay.

something else that you learned from ranboo that surprised you when you two would often have deep, late night conversations was that he was actually very close friends with tubbo. you noticed how some of his childish antics and phrases he said were similar to tubbo. he even asked one night how he was doing.

**

"so you work in the presidential house right?" ranboo asked. you nodded.

"have you seen a brunette with horns named tubbo by any chance?" he fiddled with his fingers. "oh yeah! i'm friends with him. you know him?" you said a bit excitedly, looking at him.

"oh yeah! i'm best friends with that man! is he doing okay the last time you saw him?" ranboo asked, eagerness and curiosity filling his eyes. you giggled.

"yes. he's doing swell." he was happy with your reply, and continued talking about some brief and fun memories he had with tommy and tubbo before they all got separated from the political war between l'manberg and greater smp. he also showed you a matching mood ring that he was wearing. you recognized it immediately since you remembered that tubbo wore one as well.

**

right now, you and ranboo went into a private suite with a big hot tub, a mini waterfall in the back pouring warm water into the in-ground tub.

you sat down at the edge, rolling up your pants and dipping your feet in the water. ranboo did the same, slipping on some enchanted boots. since he's half enderman, he's not able to go in water unless he has some type of armor on.

once his boots were on, he sat next to you and dipped his feet in the water, humming in satisfaction at its warmth.

"you know, i think tubbo would've jumped off there and canon balled in the water." ranboo motioned towards the top of the mini waterfall. you both let out a laugh. "couldn't agree more. but i think tommy would've pushed him off first." you joked, both of you laughing and snickering.

ranboo gazed over at you with admiration. another thing that he appreciates about you that he'll never admit is that you're one of the only people that he doesn't need to write about in his memory book.

he was able to wake up next to you every morning and remember that you were y/n/n, his good friend, and the missing person playing hide and seek with manberg.

I MIGHT PREFER STAYING HERE OVER MANBERG.

——- ——- ——-

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
wholesome ranboo moments because i know we all need it🥺🥰🏃‍♂️

also cue to me casually rewatching gen loss in my dark ass living room alone and the ending just leaving me in full shock—

now i low key have inspo like what if i write a gen loss book??

as miles morales once said, imagine that

w.c.: 1.1k+