CHAPTER XVIII : FREESIAS

I'VE NEVER LOVED ANYONE LIKE THIS BEFORE.

FREESIAS REPRESENT TRUST.

key
- trigger warnings!: mentions of murder, obsessiveness, manipulation, and sadistic thoughts.

key- trigger warnings!: mentions of murder, obsessiveness, manipulation, and sadistic thoughts

FORESTS OF MANBERG.

COREY'S EYES LIT UP, a flood of emotions coursing through him when he realized it was them. "y/n..." he muttered under his breath, becoming frozen like a statue. y/n instantly shot up, grabbing his wrist. "please corey! don't tell anyone you saw me!" they whisper-yelled at him, making his eyes widen, but he quickly nodded.

he saw your state of panic, seeing the search group with torches inching ever so close towards the both of you. although he didn't understand your intent, his gut told him to trust in your decision to not be seen—it even made him feel slightly guilty, questioning why he was in the search group when you didn't want to be found. you hid behind a tree as fast as you could, attempting to conceal yourself. he still stood frozen, staring out into the direction you ran, thoughts running rampant.

"hey core-bear! find anything?" corey felt like he jumped out of his skin upon the rough contact of asher's hand squeezing his shoulder. asher just chuckled at his friend's state. "ahaha. sorry. i didn't mean to scare you."

"n-no no. it's okay." corey stammered out a reply, trying his best to shoot his friend a reassuring smile.

"mmhm.. all is okay huh?" in one swift move, he gripped corey by the collar and banged his back against a tree, glancing at him with menacing eyes that carried such a strong pierce. it wasn't like the stare downs corey had observed during the boxing matches between asher and cosmo- no no. this one had a more brutal intent.

"i swear if you're lying to me corey, and you found y/n already, you're fucking dead." asher threatened under his breath. he finally let go of the guy seeing as he began shaking uncontrollably out of fear, a small thud reverberating across the forest floor while he walked away.

you covered your mouth anxiously, trying not to make a sound when you heard asher's voice threatening corey. ' boy do i wanna punch you square in the jaw right now. '

as you waited for the light from the group of flames to distance from you, your head shot towards the feeling of two dogs huddling by your legs, panting and nuzzling themselves closer to you. then your vision met techno's figure making his way over to you, the rest of the herd following just behind him.

"sorry about that. c'mon. let's get going." he whispered, his tone soft and cradling emotion like he's never held it before. you quietly swallowed, your hand slightly shaking as you let techno take it, helping you up from the ground.

——-                       ——-                       ——-

WITH Y/N'S SUCCESS IN SNEAKING AWAY, it only drove everyone further to the edge. king requested the manhunt to go on until they were found, getting more delirious and strict as days and weeks went by without their presence in manberg.