EPILOGUE III : TECHNO

key
trigger warnings!: none.

WHILE THE STAGE GOT SMOTHERED in flames and more explosions went off in a line, y/n was already quick to their feet, rushing off with the stampede of manbergians to get out of the festival.

you were frantically attempting to match the adrenaline in your body's flight response, sometimes shoving people out of your way without realizing—life or death situations make you do some possibly unethical things.

your breath's pace quickened, trying your best to slip past the bodies clogging the exits. you kept pedaling your feet with all your might, your vision blurring and returning, tunneling in on the double gates that were wide open.

although the elitists kept fighting one another, becoming delirious by the second and full on punching and scratching each other—you even witnessed someone hit another person over the head with a chair—like a bar fight. this caused an incredibly huge swarm of people trying to play a dangerous game of tug of war just to reach the city streets alive.

when the eruptions behind you crept closer, the stampedes also raged on more furiously, making you trip forward. you tried your best to get up, the rush of adrenaline still there pushing you to save yourself. to your demise, everyone paid no attention to the people on the ground. the pandemonium of people kept stepping on you, making you scream out in pain. you could've sworn you heard a massive crack in your back, a bone feeling out of place.

in that moment, the explosive ringing, the irony aroma, the prickly feel of the grass, and the warmth from all the plumes of smoke and flames began to override all your senses. was this your time to go? you wouldn't be surprised one bit.

before you could manage to shed a tear and completely give up, you felt tight arms wrap around you, scrambling to pick you up before the familiar feeling of teleporting succumbed your entire body.

techno scooped you right up without skipping a beat and kept enderpearling until the two of you got to high ground, ensuring he held onto you securely the entire time.

surely enough, his little plan worked, you being safe within his arms. you breathed heavily, trying to process what was happening through your blurry tunnel vision and ringing ears which were gradually fading away.

"hey, y/n/n. you okay?" techno asked softly, prompting you to gaze up at him. "oh... hey techno...i'm fine..." you slurred tiredly, smiling up at him and lightly clutching onto his shirt, missing his scent and the feeling of his presence.

"thank you- thank you so much-" you attempted to put your leg down to try and stand, but techno felt you slipping easily due to exhaustion and dizziness. he quickly held back onto you, putting you back in his arms bridal style while he knelt on the ground.

"no no no. you're staying here. just let me hold you, okay?" you nodded in response, relaxing in his arms. you felt like you could melt into his hold.

techno fell silent, staring at you for a bit before gazing up at manberg. it was bitter destruction like expected from such explosions. he felt a bit happy to see the government falling down but he also felt that it was wrong—that something about the explosions was planned in the wrong way. someone had ill intentions and he could definitely smell it in the air.

he witnessed you get hurt, even if it wasn't severely. he felt guilty that he couldn't reach you any time earlier so he could save you from getting injured. ' who would even want manberg to be damaged this badly? even pogtopia hasn't pulled a card like this throughout its entire existence. only some mad leader with some extreme ideals could do this much damage... wait a minute- '

while he was stuck in the cycle of accumulating thoughts, you were the only one able to gain his full attention back.

" hey techno. "

" yes, darling? "

" are you still able to get me that ring? "

" yes of course... i'll get you anything you desire. "

——-                       ——-                       ——-

EPILOGUE SOUNDTRACK.
MOONLIGHT ON THE RIVER - MAC DEMARCO.
this song's general meaning points towards questioning an impactful relationship with someone and how you really feel about it- especially in a situation where the person has done bad things and then left, yet you still feel very strongly about them even though you don't necessarily want to. it's almost a type of alienation and loneliness as you constantly try to search and feel for some type of confirmation of how to feel but you can't let it go.

with my headcanons of techno, i think he heavily relates to this feeling since he grew up as a quiet kid in a weird isolated state and then became a scary blood god type of figure, building his own cabin away from society since people didn't really want to be around him except his family. with this song, he's questioning his relationship with pogtopia and a certain brother of his, and whether he should leave it all behind. in the end, he'll do it for you if it means you being safe and perhaps finding a better life away from all of what he's done.
if you can't tell, he's very much in love with you™️<3
just marry him atp
((can i just say i vibe so hard with mac demarco songs my goodness))

PREVIEW LYRICS.
I'd say, see you later, if I thought I'd see you later
And I'd tell you, that I loved you, if I did
It's so strange, deciding, how to feel about it
It's such strange, emotion, standing there beside it
I'm home, with moonlight on the river, saying my goodbyes
I'm home, there's moonlight on the river, everybody dies

——-                       ——-                       ——-

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
y'all bear with me here. it's hard to write detail in these epilogues if they take place in the same scenario most of the time. i promise not every epilogue is gonna start with the explosions but most of them will and they'll just have to be short and sweet.

also sad c!techno headcanons trickling their way in rn making me wanna cry
^they're definitely gonna show more in the third book when the newer version comes out eventually

w.c.: 1.0k+