CHAPTER XII : LILIES

MAYBE I SHOULD RUN RIGHT NOW, LOVE. BUT NOW I DON'T WANT TO.

LILIES REPRESENT PURITY AND REFINED BEAUTY.

key
- h/c - hair color
- trigger warnings!: obsessiveness.

key- h/c - hair color- trigger warnings!: obsessiveness

PRESIDENTIAL HOUSE, MANBERG.

" IS IT DONE YET? " fundy called out from the other side of the garden, helping y/n with pumping water from the hose. "yep! all done!" they called back, making him turn off the pump, leaving the water fizzling out and dripping from the end.

you wiped some beads of sweat off of your forehead as fundy walked up to stand beside you, resting a hand on your shoulder. you glanced at him with a grateful smile. "thanks for helping out."

"yes of course! happy to help anytime." he chirped with a prideful grin, basking in your happy facial features.

you stared back at the flowers in thought for a moment before looking back at him. "i'm gonna run to the market real quick. i think there's somethings that would help with the petals on those." you pointed out at a specific patch of flowers, fundy nodding in agreement. "alright. be careful. i'll try and fix the water pump. see you when you get back." you nodded, bidding farewell.

after quickly organizing your gardening tools, you made a beeline for the doors out of the greenhouse room. upon getting out from the entrance chamber, you encountered tubbo running by. "hey tubbs!" you greeted cheerfully.

"oh my gosh, hii y/n/n!" he halted, his shoes squeaking on the floor. he breathed heavily as he spoke, "i'm in a bit of a rush. there's a meeting about to happen and they're already in the building!" he exclaimed. "oh my gosh, toby! go go! quick!" you ordered, prompting him to grin at you. at that, he instantly jumped on his heels and ran away, waving at you while he hastily turned down the corridor. you crossed your arms in distaste. ' that boy has a bad habit of being late. '

you brushed off the fact that he mentioned a meeting, continuing to trek down the halls at your own pace. just when you were about to take a turn, you heard the sounds of chattering and exchanging laughter getting louder. you recognized two voices: king's and an unknown, milky british accent, although it sounded much different in tone. ' who is that? ' you wondered.

as you paused, you felt the two presences getting closer, turning at the end of the hallway that you were in, the duo now walking towards you. at first, they didn't notice you, facing each other in deep political conversation with a few jabs of teasing and dark humor here and there. but it didn't take long for them to turn their heads forward, catching you in their vision.

king gave you a big grin upon seeing you, beckoning you to come closer. you took some steps forward, meeting the two men face to face. "hey blossom. how are you doing?" king asked, his voice and tone instantly softening. "i'm doing great. just about to head out to the market." you said, returning a contented smile. you turned your head to face the british man to his left.

upon further inspection, there stood a handsome lad with chocolate brown hair and brown eyes, adorning a yellow-brownish blazer coat with a clean button-up and trousers. he was slightly taller than king. when he stared down at you, he had a gleam in his eyes, staring at you excitedly like you were a puppy in a pet store, slight dimples indenting his widening smile.

"who's this?" you naturally questioned, turning to king slightly before meeting the eyes of the brunette once more, prompting the man to start blushing. you were paying such close attention to him like he was to you, ensnared in an electric gaze.

"oh i'm sorry. i never informed you of a meeting happening. this is wilbur soot. army general, and a good pal of mine." king introduced, sardonically smirking. "it's nice to meet you. what's your name, darling?" wilbur jumped in eagerly with his hand stuck out, desperately desiring to speak with you.

your hand shook his, intertwining your grasps, your other hand traveling near your chest to fiddle with the necklace you were wearing out of flattery. you were usually the one to stick out your hand first, but it was nice to meet someone with etiquette equal to yours.

"i'm y/n. it's a pleasure to meet you, wilbur." you greeted with a friendly smile. he noticeably felt his heart dropped into his stomach hearing his name spoken in your voice, hearing the sound of harps being played by cherubs in the background. he instantly swore snow white angel wings were fluttering on your back. ' holy crap that was beautiful—i could listen to you all day. '

he easily became flustered, peering down at your figure and the way your hand fit perfectly in his. it took all the power and might instilled in him to not hold you by your waist and waltz off with you. boy was he already bouncing off the walls with spiraling thoughts, all of it blurring into one. he didn't even want to go to king's meeting—his grand exception was only if you were gonna be there in the room.

it felt like he bathed in every single heavenly feature of you within milliseconds, both of you letting go of your hands, still staring at one another. oh how he wanted to rake his hand through your h/c hair so badly.

king reached out, placing a hand on wilbur's shoulder and giving it a harsh squeeze. "well, it's been nice, blossom. but we have to get going on our negotiation." he masked his irritable jealousy well in his tone, trying to make wilbur separate from you.

"ah yes. our little negotiation." wilbur repeated with mocking undertones, attempting to stall so he could keep observing you, shooting king a choleric side glance that went unnoticed by you. he just wanted time with you. just you. you're the only one worth his time. fuck king.

"well, sunshine, i hope you're enjoying your time. promise me you'll have a nice day, yes?" wilbur emphasized, his voice softening more than king's. he thought he sounded like clouds while king's voice was feathers that could swept away in the wind and not be cared for—you wouldn't bat a second eye to that but you most certainly would look up at the sky and admire the clouds right? he also tried to sprinkle every endearing pet name in the book to flatter you, luring your attention on him.

you giggled at his advances. "yes. i promise. thank you, wilbur. see you two around." you stopped fiddling with your jewelry, folding your hands in front of you out of curtesy. you gave both men acknowledging nods and exchanging smiles, stepping past them to the corner of the hall to take a turn.

you faced the duo before disappearing, giving them both a wave to which they returned, radiant smiles etched on their faces. unbeknownst and practically camouflaged to the naked eye, fundy was at the end of the corridor with wide eyes and clenched fists upon observing and pondering over your interaction with his father. just by catching those haunting brown eyes from a distance, he began to worry. he knew how obsessive wilbur could get, seeing his father almost drooling over you, the older man's thoughts playing over the most deafening intercom in fundy's head. would wilbur try to steal you from him?

that question would be answered when you were nowhere to be found in the presidential house—nowhere to be found within manberg.

I'LL KEEP YOUR PROMISE, WILBUR.

——-                       ——-                       ——-

CHAPTER SOUNDTRACK.
ONLY ANGEL - HARRY STYLES.
obviously describes wilby's obsessiveness, seeing you as his one and only angel (can this man please be original my god).

PREVIEW LYRICS.
I saw this angel
I really saw an angel
Open up your eyes, shut your mouth and see
That I'm still the only one who's been in love with me
I'm just happy getting you stuck in between my teeth
And there's nothing I can do about it

——-                       ——-                       ——-

w.c.: 1.3k+