EPILOGUE IV : TERRENCE

key
trigger warnings!: death.

IT ALL HAPPENED so fast. when they say that your memories flash before your eyes, y/n couldn't even comprehend if that was what they even saw.

it was frightening enough to see tubbo about to be executed, you begging for techno to not fire the crossbow—taking the risk of your words already fading into the background. what was even more horrifying though was the unexpected explosions immediately after. god you could still hear the ringing and popping in your ears.

you tried your best to run, but it showed no avail. death was ruthless.

everything was so mind-boggling in the moment. it felt like so many things were happening simultaneously as waves of people were fleeing to escape against the destruction.

that's when you didn't notice the rubble showering down like hale during a storm.

you were fortunate enough to glance behind you and see what created the huge, widening shadow that covered your sides.

then it all turned black.

yep. at this point, you were dead—at least it was quick and somewhat painless, being struck over the head by rubble and losing consciousness instantly.

y'know- people have a lot of theories about death, ranging from the simple heaven and hell, to the devoid, nihilistic nothingness—or perhaps spiritual reincarnation follows afterwards.

to be honest, you didn't really have a preference about it. whether you'd go to purgatory or not, you decided that you'll see when the time came.

well, here you are, y/n. what's death looking like?

at first, there was complete emptiness.

until you heard the brief but rough sound of metal screeching, prompting your eyes to shoot open and body jolt awake.

your breath got caught at the back of your throat, the one memory of rubble crushing you to death playing back in your head like a broken record.

you began to compose yourself, trying to connect with the unfamiliar surroundings.

you were currently sitting on a passenger train, the seats a wine red leather, and the windows displaying moving lights. from the darkened environment and the humming of the wheels against the rails, you could only assume you were going through a tunnel/tube line—you just didn't know if it was an endless one or not, reaching the front seats later on to see the train going seemingly nowhere, its headlights not able to capture anything in front of it except tracks.

you stared down at your hands, witnessing your skin being slightly transparent. were you a ghost?

as if on cue, the train came to a full stop, smoke gathering up from the screeching wheels while the front doors opened.

you glanced out the window to see the platform at an indoor station, the lights inside shining ultraviolet purple and revealing glow-in-the-dark spray paint murals on the dirtied walls.

you were in a tough spot: for one, you could stay on this train and see where it would take you, but another part of you was intrigued and pulled in by the liminal architecture, feeling that something else was out there worth exploring rather than staying on and possibly going to a different stop—plus you had no clue how far the next stop was.

seeing this as your only chance, you took it upon yourself to stand up and saunter to the front of the train, stopping just by the open doors. you tossed one last glance out the windshield, staring out into the abysmal darkness ahead which displayed nothing but train tracks.