CHAPTER XXVIII : HYACINTHS

EVIDENCE IS ALL I NEED TO PROVE TO YOU THAT I'M NOT SOME SICKO! I'M YOUR PROTECTOR.

HYACINTHS REPRESENT SORROW AND REGRET.

key
- trigger warnings!: obsessive/creepy behavior.

key- trigger warnings!: obsessive/creepy behavior

MANBERG FESTIVAL.

ONCE THE CARRIAGE CAME TO A FULL STOP, everyone was excited. "hallelujah! we're here guys!" eret exclaimed, prompting everyone to cheer and clap. "i'm just hungry." phil stated, making everyone chuckle and nod in agreement.

the carriage doors were opened by eret's guards, letting everyone step down. your heels/dress shoes clicked/thumped a bit as they touched the ground, a guard courteously holding your hand while you stepped out. you thanked them and then took some strides forward into the festival area.

it was beautifully decorated with wooden posts lined with recognizable flowers, statues standing in front of stone hedges at the corners of the area, a high rise stage peering down upon everyone, rows upon rows of circular dining tables, butlers handing out drinks on trays—every space your eyes laid on, people in fancy clothes walked around, chattering and carrying themselves with a certain type of elite elegance and aristocratic air that screamed of their status, holding an almost intimidating chokehold on whoever they eyed down and talked to. you were somewhat fortunately accustomed to the scenery of groups of elite class being around each other due to working for them in your kingdom.

the five of you still stayed by each other, not wanting to separate just yet, attempting to figure out where to go and to locate an empty table. when you spotted a buffet table full of fresh food stacked up and steaming right from their trays, you nudged ranboo in the arm to get his attention. "hey, wanna get food?"

"oh hell yeah! i'm so hungry—your majesty?" ranboo stuck is arm out for you to wrap around. you quietly giggled and linked your elbows, the two of you fast walking to the food area.

callahan watched your interaction with ranboo, slightly glaring at eret's butler in jealousy, though part of him felt a searing guilt for it. he shouldn't be jealous when you're simply enjoying yourself—besides he knows the two of you are just friends sharing a close sibling-like relationship like tommy and tubbo—but that didn't disregard the fact that what he desired most of all was to do the same things with you and to know that he can make you smile.

as you eagerly reached the food table, both you and ranboo's eyes widened, mouths watering at the array of cuisines and options in front of you. you two turned to each other and nodded simultaneously in understanding, splitting off like lightning bolts to snatch utensils and your own food.

while you were getting a plate, you heard your name being called by a voice you absolutely missed hearing. "y/n/n!" niki exclaimed, a grin permanently etched into her face. she ran up to you, arms outstretched. you returned her happiness, gasping a bit while you both embraced each other tightly.