45 - Blake & Joséphine

Two months later...

I see her get out of bed and put on some clothes. She looks so simple and beautiful in those jeans and sweater.

"What?" she asks, seeing me looking at her.

"Nothing at all,"

I avert my eyes and look up at the ceiling. It's been two months since Joséphine made a mess of things, but it's the best mess ever. She's teaching me to love a little more every day and to make myself better. I'm at her place practically all the time, my clothes strewn all over her room. It annoys her, but she loves me anyway.

She still doesn't know about my stuff or my real identity. I'm still hiding, looking for any excuse to get away to the bar without her noticing. Luckily, Shawn and Jared keep their fucking mouths shut, promising not to rat me out.

"Blake, are you getting ready or what?" says Joséphine, bringing me back to reality.

I stand up and look at her. "I'd like to stay here and sleep."

"We've got class in thirty minutes, hurry up."

I sigh and stand up.

The way she looks at my scars still makes me tense. I get the feeling she doesn't have the shoulders for this kind of suffering. I approach her and kiss her. Her mouth is soft, and it's always a fucking delight. I lick her lips and look at her with a smirk.

"Do you have a technique for waking me up?"

She rolls her eyes and kisses me quickly.

"There's no time, Blake, hurry up," she says, tossing me one of my T-shirts.

I catch the T-shirt and smile.

Fuck, I could never get enough of her, her body, her lips. It drives me crazy, completely crazy.

Joséphine

I get ready for my day, grabbing my keys and slipping them into my bag. Before leaving, I take care of the things Blake always leaves on the floor, put them away carefully, then place them in the laundry basket.

Blake has been a real upheaval in my life, transforming both my lifestyle and my way of thinking. Despite some temporary absences, he always makes sure he gets home early enough for us to see each other. He's very determined to improve our quality of life, looking for work and even considering selling his apartment to move here with me. Just thinking about it makes me smile stupidly. I knock on the bathroom door and enter immediately. Inside, I discover Blake with his hair wet, shirtless, a few drops of water falling on his chest.

"Oh."

I'm instantly struck by the vision before me. The scars on his body stand out even more under the hot shower water, taking on a reddish hue. Naturally, I release a strand of his hair while accidentally brushing the scar on his arch.

"Does it bother you?" he asks me suddenly.

I frown, puzzled.

"What?"

"All those scars."

My hand gently caresses one of them, deeply thoughtful.

"No, I love them, despite the pain they represent."

He bows his head and hides his chest with a T-shirt.

"You're going to be cold," I say, watching him.

He doesn't answer and walks past me. I'm baffled by his behavior and ask him what's wrong, but he still ignores me. He puts on a black denim jacket and his canvas sneakers.