51 - Blake

"Where were you?" she asks as I approach.

"I was at Shawn's," I say in the softest voice I can muster.

She bows her head and quickly wipes the tears from her cheeks. "You've been going out every weekend for two months, and I've barely seen you," she growls.

"I'm sorry, but I've always been close to them, and I'm not going to dump them just because I'm with you," I say, taking her hand.

She stares at me intently, no doubt searching my eyes for an answer. "I feel you're hiding things from me, Blake... When we first started dating, you weren't so distant."

She withdraws her hand violently from mine.

"Joséphine... What do you want me to say?"

Lying eats away at me, but I can't tell her everything at once. The tears that run down her cheeks are like blades in my heart. She's all I have, and I'm destroying the only good thing in my life.

"We've been together for almost three months now, and I still don't know everything!" she screams as she stands up.

"You can't know everything about someone in three months!" I retort, shouting back.

She slowly sits back down, her face full of fear and confusion.

"I'm sorry..." I murmur, my voice breaking.

"If you want our relationship to last, I need to get to know you better."

I take a deep breath, mentally preparing the next steps. "Okay. We'll see about that. But first, I'm starving. Let's go get something to eat outside," I say, turning around.

"Now?! I'm in my pajamas!"

"Then get dressed."

She nods silently, getting ready quickly.

This situation has gone too fucking far. The more time goes by, the more she'll suspect something. If it was just me, I'd have spilled the beans a long time ago, but this shit concerns her too. I can't lose her. I refuse to go back to being the asshole I hate.

"Shall we go?" she asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yep."

I stare at her before opening the door. She's put on a pair of fucking black jeans that fit her curves, with a white shirt. She's clutching her damn pastel green cardigan tightly as she stares at me. "You look pretty hot tonight," I say with a smirk.

"My eyes are puffy, red and my nose is running. I'm far from beautiful," she retorts.

"You're beautiful even when you've cried, believe me."

Her cheeks are on fire, and it shows off all her freckles, which make her look drop-dead sexy. So I take one last look at her, taking note of every fucking detail, and decide to open the door. I let her pass in front of me, taking in every movement of her hips, and close the damn door behind us. She rushes down the stairs, eager to know everything, to discover everything. I grin, a grin I can't help but display, and follow her closely. In the damn parking lot, she jumps onto the passenger-side door, sits down like a fury, almost losing her balance.

She buckles her seatbelt in two fucking seconds, and her head is already resting on the headrest. She suddenly sniffs loudly, which stops my movement dead in its tracks.

"What's going on?" I ask curiously.

"I know that smell," she replies, continuing to sniff.

Damn.

"It's normal that you know my smell, you know," I say to distract her from her thoughts.

"No, that's Joey's smell. The seat reeks of Joey."