54 - Joséphine

Blake stands a few feet away from me, wearing an all-black suit that perfectly accentuates his figure. A white shirt contrasts elegantly. He keeps his hands nervously in front of him, flashing a shy, embarrassed smile. His perfectly defined curls catch my eye, and I'm unable to look away. It's as if I'm seeing him for the first time, and it makes me feel as if I could faint on the spot.

"Mademoiselle," he greets me as I slowly approach him.

I'm so absorbed by his appearance that I don't manage to respond immediately.

"Stop staring at me," he finally says after a few seconds.

"You look... splendid," I manage to articulate, still under his spell.

"Splendid? That's a stuck-up compliment. I prefer 'sexy'," he retorts humorously.

He grabs me tenderly around the waist and brings his mouth close to my ear. "You're beautiful," he murmurs.

A shiver runs through my body at his words. I smile back at him. "Weren't we supposed to go to the ball together?" I ask curiously.

"Yes, but I wanted to give this to you somewhere special," he announces, handing me a jewel box.

My gaze shifts from the box to Blake, intrigued.

"What's in it?"

"Open it and see."

With palpable excitement, I grasp the red box adorned with a delicate ribbon between my trembling hands. My fingers gently brush the silky fabric, anticipating the magical moment that's about to follow. With extreme caution, I slowly open the box, revealing a sparkling gold necklace. Its delicate links reflect the ambient light, creating golden sparkles that dance across my skin. My gaze is immediately drawn to the pendant suspended at the center of the necklace, which takes the form of a magnificent sun.

Amazed, my eyes light up with joy and surprise. I'm speechless, trying to find the right words to express my wonder.

"It's beautiful, Blake...," I stammered, continuing to stare at the necklace.

"When I went to the mall and saw it, I thought it could only go to you. It represents our explosive encounter, when you gently pounced on me."

A burst of laughter escapes me at his words. I continue to look at the necklace, caressing the pendant with my fingertips. "Thank you," I say, before capturing his lips in a tender kiss.

He gently pulls away, taking the necklace from the case and tucking a few strands of my hair behind my ear. I turn and lower my head slightly, offering my neck. His fingers brush my skin, making me shiver for the umpteenth time. With dexterity, he fastens the collar, then spins me around.

"And to think you're mine," he murmurs, admiring me from top to bottom.

"Stop it!" I retort, laughing. "Shall we?"

I grab Blake's arm, and we enter the gym, which has been transformed for the occasion. The room is unrecognizable, filled with colorful balloons that adorn the walls and float in the air. Stroboscopes and lighting effects create a bewitching nightclub atmosphere. A bar is set up next to the dance floor, catching the eyes of the guests. Hundreds of people dance enthusiastically on the dance floor, raising their arms to the ceiling in a gesture of collective celebration.

Cassie and Clyde go wild in the middle of the dance floor, drawing everyone's attention. The people around them cautiously step aside, anticipating Cassie's big moves that could cause unintended damage.

Cassie and her surprises, she's managed to lie to me without me seeing it, my confidence is piqued.

I smile at them and turn my attention elsewhere.