Oblivious

TW: Buck being an idiot 😂

It was the start of a 24 hour shift, it was quite calm not many calls but there was one drama. Eddie comes strutting into the loft where Hen, Chim, Bobby, Athena and Ravi were. "Where's Buck?" Eddie asks.

"In the gym." Bobby responds making ready made lunch for everyone just in case they get called.

"Good, I have something to tell you guys." Eddie says clasping his hands together.

"Go on." Chim encourages him.

"I have a crush on Buck, I keep sending him hints and stuff but he's so oblivious." Eddie groans placing his head on the counter were everyone was listening carefully.

"Oh we know, but now that you've told us we are gonna help." Athena chuckles walking down the stairs and into the gym, Eddie follows but hides out of view.

"Hey Buck?" Athena asks causing Buck to drop the weight and walk over wiping the sweat off his forehead with the towel.

"Yeah 'Thena?" Buck asks.

"What do you think of Eddie?" Athena asks straightforward.

"What do you mean?" Buck asks nervous.

"What do you think of Eddie?" Athena asks again with a stern tone.

"Do I  have to answer that question mum?" Buck says hoping to get out of answering by the name, he knows that he's just like a son to her.

"No, but I do like it when you call me mum. Answer the question." Athena asks again now losing her patience.

"I guess I like him, but he don't like me back so I'm just pushing my feelings back so it doesn't matter." Buck says rubbing the back of his neck nervously. Eddie hears this whole conversation and quickly runs up the stairs before Athena figures out he was spying.

Athena comes up the stairs where everybody was chatting, "Good news and bad news." She says softly I look at her desperately as she continues. "Good news- Buck likes you Eddie, Bad news - He's pushing his feelings back for you."

"Then we'll just have to make him confess his feelings for me so I can confess." Eddie says quickly as the alarm starts ringing and Athena's radio goes off.

Cat tree call, break in injury and a suicide attempt later

Eddie finally got to talk to Buck, "Hey Bucky, how you doing?"

"I'm fine." Buck says coldly as if he was ignoring Eddie the best he could.

"Why so dull with me?" Eddie asks creeping closer to Buck.

"I'm not, bye Diaz." Buck says before walking away leaving Eddie standing there. Strange.

Eddie just stands still in shock by what had happened, "What's wrong?" Bobby says walking finally snapping Eddie out of his trance.

"I was just being nice to Buck then he reacted so coldly at me then called me Diaz and left." Eddie says sitting down on the bench.

"Yk what, next call I'm making you two stuck together." Bobby smirks walking off.

Next call

Elevator has broken down in a 50 story building, Eddie and Buck were going up the second elevator whilst the others were treating the already hurt patients suddenly the elevator stops and the radio comms go out. "For fucks sake!" Buck shouts banging on the elevator door.

"That won't work." Eddie sighs leaning against the back of the elevator as Buck presses the alarm button and Buck just groans. "What's wrong? Don't like spending time with me anymore?"

"No it's not that, it don't matter." Buck quickly says banging his head on the doors.

"Don't do that." Eddie says putting his hand in between Bucks head and the door. "If it's not that then why have you been acting strange towards me recently?" Eddie asks.

"It's nothing." Buck says sitting down on the floor leaning his head backwards closing his eyes. Eddie sits next to him admiring Buck whilst he was closing his eyes. "I can feel you staring Diaz."

"I-Uhm I'm not staring." Eddie stammers but Buck just smirks opening his eyes and looking deeply into Eddies.

"I'm pretty sure you were staring." Buck smiles scooting a little further away from Eddie but Eddie just scoots closer.

"So what if I was?" Eddie smirks. "I heard you in the gym earlier talking to Athena." Eddie says and Buck starts panicking.

"I-I didn't mean it, I was just lying to mom sorry Athena so she would stop asking questions." Buck stutters scared of what Eddie would think of his little crush, Buck stands up and Eddie follows.

"I think you did mean it." Eddie smirks walking towards Buck until his back hit the elevator door, "I think that you're obsessed with me."

"So what if I am?" Buck asks now completely pinned to the wall with both of Eddies hands beside his head.

"Then you wouldn't mind me doing this." Eddie smirks leaning in and kissing Buck softly on his lips for 30 seconds.

"I definitely didn't mind that." Buck breaths out trying not to beg for more.

"God I fucking love you, I always have." Eddie smiles pecking Bucks lips once more as the elevator starts working and going back down to the lobby.

"I love you too Eds." Buck smiles leaning in again, making out hearing the elevator ding but don't stop until they hear cheering. They both look up at the door to see their crew clapping and a bunch of bystanders clapping too. They both blush a deep red and step out the elevator ready to go back to the station.