Chapter 1

The sun beamed down on her pale body as she laid out by the pool sipping on her cocktail, just enjoying her time away for once. It wasn't often that Leona had the chance to relax like this, so when she did, she took full advantage of it. So what if it was just for show, she didn't care because she was going to enjoy every second of it. This wasn't a vacation of sorts for her but Leona would take anything she could get if that meant a little moment of peace in her life. When she was away on trips, it usually meant at least for a few days everything seemed normal in her life.

Carlos Fiero, her husband, was one of the most sought after business investor in the world. If anyone could get your new business off the ground it was him. People from all over would come to him to make their dreams a reality. So that was the reason she currently found herself relaxing in the warm sun on this midmorning Saturday. She and her husband had come up to Tanauan, Batangas last night to meet with some potential clients about winery and resort.

She had been with her husband for years, eleven years to be exact and married for six of those years. They were high school sweethearts since the age of sixteen. Inseparable. They even went to college together until Leona, at her fiancé's discretion and against her parent's wishes, dropped out towards the end of first year because they were expecting their first child together. Carlos graduated top of his class with a business degree a short three years later, and was now on top of the company making millions of peso, while Leona stayed home to raise their babies.

Now with two kids, Carlos insisted on leaving them at home so they could spend a long weekend in Batangas alone to rekindle their romance while he also tried to close a business deal with two top clients whom insisted that he take full advantage of what was offered at the resort and winery. The couple's marriage had been rocky for two years or more in his opinion and his wife had begun to shut down so he was hoping to light the fire again.

"Leona, my love." Carlos said, straightening his blazer while he walked over to his wife who was lounging by the pool in a black one piece bathing suit with a sheer grey coverup and a floppy beach sun hat to keep the rays out of her eyes. "Come, darling. I'd like to introduce you to a few people." He said, standing over the top of his wife.

"Oh okay, my love." She smiled, setting her book down on the table beside her. Standing from her seat, she tied her coverup around her body, making sure she wasn't inappropriately exposed to meet her husband's clients. Slipping her sandals on, she let Carlos guide her by the small of the back to the left of the pool where the men had gathered.

"Mr. Tantoco, Mr. Pavia. I'd like you two to meet my wife. Leona Elise Fiero."

"Wow Carlos, my man." Hector said patting him on the back. "You weren't kidding when you said she was a looker." He winked at Leona.

"Nice to meet you, Leona Elise." Ador said, shaking her hand. "Carlos has done nothing but praise you."

"Awe, thanks." Leona replied, sending a wink towards her husband. "It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Pavia."

"Oh, call me Ador."

"It's nice to meet you, Ador. But he's the one that should be getting praised. Everything...." She said glancing at her husband. "I do is because of him. But my name is Leona Elise Roque-Fiero." She corrected him, feeling Carlos' grip on her waist tighten. "Only my father calls me Elise." She smiled before shaking Hector's hand also. She didn't like anyone calling her by her real name. It hurts too much. "Nice to meet you too, Mr. Tantoco."