Chapter 7

AN: I know you guys are worried about the kids, but maybe we shouldn't be so quick to judge Leona. We don't know what she's been through yet.
I also changed Maui to Precious (she owns a bar)

***********************************

The next morning both women slept longer than they normally did. After getting up and eating some cold pizza, Olga suggested that she go to the store and do some errands she needed to get done if she was going to have a live in. The laundry was definitely a must after seeing she nor Leona had clean clothes at the moment. Being an ER doctor and working long shifts meant most days all she just felt like doing was coming home and crashing or going to Precious' for a quick drink instead of chores. They were always pushed back to the last minute.

After arguing with Leona about groceries the whole time they ate lunch, or in their case breakfast, the brunette finally headed out to do some shopping. Leona insisted that Olga didn't have to go out of her way to make her feel at home, but Olga finally got to tell her what kind of foods she'd like to eat.

Both agreed it was best to keep Leona's whereabouts on the down low, so she stayed in Olga's apartment while the brunette went shopping. On her way to the grocery store she swung by the hospital, managing to avoid all of her friends and co workers as she snuck in the lounge and grabbed Leona a few extra pair of scrubs to wear until she was able to go back to her place to get some things. Stopping by the laundromat, she threw her clothes and the pair of scrubs Leona wore home from the hospital into the washer before jumping in her old ford truck and heading to the pet store right down the street.

She couldn't believe she was shopping for pet supplies when she had always swore she'd never own an animal. She thought pets were filthy and should be kept outside and not inside, but when Leona looked at her with those sad eyes she couldn't tell Leona 'no.' Leona sure had a way of making her do anything she wanted and she was silently cursing herself. After getting a dog bed, bowls, food, toys, collar and a leash along with a few puppy pads for training, she left the store grumbling because she had just dropped over a thousand pesos on a stinking animal. By the time she had finished at the pet store, her clothes were ready to be thrown into the dryer so she swung back by the laundromat and did so before running to the grocery store.

"Leona?" She called out downstairs after coming back home from her errands. "Can you help me carry this stuff up?" She asked, walking back outside to retrieve more bags of groceries out of the back of her truck.

Leona peeled herself off the couch when she heard the brunette downstairs yelling for her help. She didn't want to get up much less help, but it was only the right thing to do. Now that she had been left to her thoughts alone all she wanted to do was lay down and cry. She didn't want to cry because she missed her husband. No, he was the furthest person from her mind. What she missed was the life she used to lead. Her old friends and her family. Man did she miss her parents and her sister. It had been close to four years since she had any kind of communication with her parents until one day they finally stopped calling. She couldn't blame them though, she would have stopped trying after a while too.

"Hey," Olga said, setting a few bags down near the steps when Leona met her there. "You okay? Something wrong? Is it your shoulder?" She asked when she saw the look on Leona's face.

"No," Leona shook her head. "It's nothing." She wiped her nose on her arm before bending down to pick up a few bags with her good hand.

"Hey," she grabbed her wrist, stopping her from picking anything up. "What's wrong?" She asked softly.

Shaking her head Leona tried to keep herself together, but she was failing miserably. "You left and I was thinking about what I should do. How should I move on?" She sniffed. "I've fucked my life up so bad, Olga," she said as tears pricked her eyes. "I've lost everything over the past few years. I used to have friends. Great friends. A family. A family that would bend over backwards for me. And I pushed them all away. I pushed every last person in my life away because of him. And now, I have nobody," she cried as the dam burst.