Chapter 27

"Sagutin mo yung telepono," Leona grumbled from her comfy bed the next morning. She had been sleeping so well; better than she has in a long time and she didn't want to be disturbed right now, especially by an annoying gadget.

"An..."

Leona heard the brunette moan from across the room along with a few words she couldn't quite understand.

The doctor wasn't hung over any longer, but she still didn't feel her best.

Seeing a hairbrush on the table next to her bed, Leona blindly reached and grab it, but it didn't succeed without fumbling and dropping it by her bed, first.

Huffing, she propped herself up on her elbow and slung the hairbrush across the room in hopes of waking up the woman who seemed dead to the world.

Watching the wooden brush fly through the air, "Oh no," she quickly said when she saw that it was going to hit the brunette. "Watch out!" She yelled, covering her mouth. It was as if the object was flying in slow motion.

"What the..."

Just about time Leona yelled, Olga slightly raised her head. "Aray..." she yelped when the foreign object bounced off her forehead. "Ano ba 'yan, Leona?"

"Sorry." She stood up and walked over to the brunette's bed. The phone, finally ceasing it's blaring sound. "Okay ka lang?" She bit the corner of her mouth, trying to keep a chuckle at bay.

"Noo ko pa talaga. Seryoso ka?" She groaned rubbing the sore skin. "As if it doesn't hurt enough."

"I'm sorry." She quickly covered her mouth when a laugh accidentally slipped from between her lips.

"Hindi nakakatawa." Olga picked the wooden brush up and slung it at Leona sitting at the foot of her bed.

"Nakakatawa naman kasi," she said, batting away the object.

"Bakit mo ako ginigising, I was sleeping so," she was interrupted by her phone going off. Again. "Well," she felt around the covers when she heard the song playing.

"Ako rin naman, until that damn thing wouldn't shut up. I swear, you should put it on silent mode at night time."

"Hindi pwede. What if may emergency sa trabaho," she said, fumbling for her phone before answering it. Olga was raised an old fashion way. Work always came before all else. She was thought to work hard for what she wanted, bills and necessities came before all else and that's how she lived her life. Not that she had to worry about that though.

"Hindi ka naman on call." Leona rolled her eyes, standing from the bed and making her way to the bathroom while the brunette took her call.

"Hello?" Olga answered. "Ako nga ito." She paused as she listened to the voice on the other line. "Next Friday? I can't." She paused. "May trabaho ako, I can't just drop everything and cater to you. I pay for it to be the other way around!" She indicated. "Kailan yung next available date?" She asked. "TWO WEEKS AT THE EARLIEST?! Possibly three? HINDI PWEDE! I paid a shit load of money for it to be here two days ago. Tumawag ako to confirm Friday, the day it was suppose to arrive might I add and you told me you'd have it to me by Monday, no later. Pinalagpas ko lang. I want my order and I better have it before noon tomorrow!" She exclaimed. This company was pissing her off. "Alam mo? Kilalang kilala ako, respetadong doctor. I see a lot of restaurant owners in and around the surrounding area and I have talked to these entrepreneurs and I know all of them use you as a supplier." Truthfully, all she had talked to was her Aunty and Roberto Kuan, the owner of her favorite Chinese restaurant, but he didn't know that. "That is why I used you. How would you feel if I had a little talk with them to tell them what kind of business you really run?" She growled as she listened to the man's reply. "Great. I'll see you in forty-five minutes," she said, hitting the red button in her phone and throwing it back on her bed. "Ughhh." She puffed, throwing herself back down on the bed. She really didn't want to deal with this today, but it looked like she had to.