Chapter 18

After walking several blocks, the woman finally walked down the street where her soon to be bakery was located. She didn't know if Olga would still be there or not, but she wanted to check before going home. Reaching for her keys in her pocket, she remembered she left them hanging in the back of the room with some of her things. Walking up to the store windows, she saw the light was still on, but no one around. She figured Olga must have stormed out after she'd left and went home without turning anything off.

When she found the storefront of the bakery empty, Leona walked a few more blocks until she came up to the firehouse. Seeing Olga's truck parked beside the building she figured the woman was inside. There was a part of her that thought she wouldn't be home. Maybe she had bolted to get away from her for a while. The woman was nervous of what kind of mood the brunette was going to be in when she saw her. Would she still be mad? Would she apologize for the way she acted or would she act like nothing happened?

Leona couldn't do that. So many times in her life she'd pushed the situation at hand under the rug and it always turned out bad. To her, the brunette didn't seem to be someone who would let situations or arguments slide, but she didn't know. This was the first time she'd ever seen her mad and to be honest she didn't like it at all. Olga has been nothing but warm, welcoming, caring, considerate, and gentle through everything in the last three months or so, but today was different. Everything was fine, they both seemed carefree throughout the day, but then all the sudden she snapped and went all atrocious to anyone that crossed her path and frankly that scared her a little.

She gave the woman credit because she was correct about Hector and what he was up to, but Leona could tell something else was bothering her. She'd notice little things lately with the brunette. Olga would make excuses as to why she couldn't relax on the couch with her and watch some TV on her down time or even going out to Precious'. When they both were off work and hung out with some of the guys, at times Olga would avoid sitting next to her and she didn't know why.

Sighing to herself, the woman unlocked the door to the firehouse and walking to the stairs to the flats of their apartment to face the music. Looking around the unlit room, she saw the brunette must not have come home. Letting the moonlight shining through the bay window guide her way through the dark room, she walked over her small bed and sat down on the mattress.

About a month ago, Olga suggested that they get Leona a bed. The brunette hated that the dark haired woman kept sleeping on the couch even after she offered up her own bed. She even told her that they'd rotate and she'd sleep on the couch for a while but the dark haired woman refused, so Olga insisted they go out and get her a bed. After searching through a ton of beds, Leona insisted that an extra long twin size bed was enough for now. She didn't plan on staying with the brunette forever so there wasn't any need to get anything much bigger.

Taking her shoes off and sliding them under her bed, she quickly changed out of her jeans and blouse and slipped into a t-shirt and sleep shorts before going into the bathroom to wash her face. Stopping at the door near Olga's bed, she saw the lump under the covers slightly move. "Olga?" She whispered, deciding the bathroom could wait for now. She didn't think the brunette was home, but seeing the bed shift, she must have been wrong.

Walking over to the bed, she gently sat on the edge of the mattress. "Olga?" She whispered again, still not getting a response from the woman. "Alam kong galit ka," she sighed, looking into the dark restroom. "Gusto ko lang magsorry. I was mean and yelled at you," she breathed, not knowing if the brunette was awake or not. "Everything just got out of hand tonight. We were having so much fun and then the next thing I know you were furious," the dark haired woman said as she sat with her back turned towards the woman who had covers thrown over her head. "I'm sorry I said those things to you. I didn't mean them and I hope you can forgive me for getting upset, because you were right. Hector is nothing but an ass. We went to this little coffee shop and all he wanted to talk about was that he liked me," she sighed. "I just felt like if it was true, I needed to learn things for myself," Leona whispered to herself. "Hindi ko sinasadyang paiyakin ka Olga, and I'm sorry I left you like that." She said turning and trying to focus her eyes on the bed. "Please, Ollie 'wag ka ng magalit. Sorry na. Nahihiya ako sa sarili ko," she said, giving the brunette a few moments to repply. "I'm sorry I even hinted you were anything like Carlos, because you're not. You're nothing like him," the dark haired woman said sadly.