Chapter 2

"Answer me?" He yelled at her while shoving her further into the room. "What the hell was that about?!"

"What Carlos? What did I do?" She recoiled from him.

"You and your little Roque spill. You're not a fucking Roque. Do you understand me? Why the hell do you make it a point to tell everyone you are? The day you married me, the Roque name disappeared."

Leona couldn't help but shake her head as tears escaped her eyes. She wished she could go one weekend without a fight like this. Hell she'd kill for one day. Her marriage had turned into nothing but fights and accusations.

"Do you even care that you embarrassed me out there by correcting me? You fucking know better." He walked forward, coming face to face with her wife.

"I'm sorry." She looked away from him, as she wiped away the tears from the corners of her eyes.

"You made me look like a fool out there in front of my clients. You dress like this." He pointed at her one piece suit with a sheer coverup. "Who are you trying to impress wearing that? It sure as hell isn't me. Do you want to fuck one of those guys? That Hector guy, he seems like a real player, I'm sure he'd love that. Is that what you want?"

"No. I don't want any of those guys. I only want you." She said as her stomach turned at her words.

"Well what the hell was all of that then?" He pointed to the window. "You correct me and all you have to say is you're sorry?" He grabbed her wrist.

"Please." She tried to pull her arm free. "I'm sorry, I just wasn't thinking."

"And what the hell was with you and that group of women? Huh?! Do you want to fuck them? Is that it? Because I have not seen a smile like that on your face in a long time. I used to be the only one to put that smile on your face, but lately no matter what I do, you are still an ungrateful whore."

"We were just talking, that's all." She backed away from him.

"Sure it was." He scoffed.

"I gave up everything for you, Carlos, because I loved you. And yet you still treat me this way. I didn't do anything to deserve to be treated like this." She stood up for herself. "No one should be treated this way."

"I gave you everything you've ever wanted and still you act like the little spoiled Roque bitch you've always been." He slapped her for back talking him.

Gasping, her eyes widened as her hands immediately covered the sting on her left cheek. "I'm... I'm sorry, my love." He said as Leona began to cry. "I don't know what came over me." He said, trying to pull his wife's hands down from her face. "I'm sorry." He tried. "I love you so much, Leona, but you have to stop doing things to piss me off." He was really trying to work on his anger issues that came along with his job, the more stressful it became the more he lashed out even though he promised his wife he would work on it. "You provoked me, you know not to do that."

"Don't touch me." She tried to push him away, but he didn't budge. "I'm so sick of your shit and I'm sick of trying to act like the perfect little wife you think I should be. What happened to you Carlos? What happened to the man I fell in love with so long ago?"

"I'm right here. I'm sorry, you just have to quit pissing me off. You know how I get jealous when you socialize with other people. I want you all to myself and I'm scared someone better looking will come along and try to steal you from me. I love you. You're my baby doll."

Leona cringed inside when those three little words spilled from his mouth. This wasn't love. This wasn't how a relationship should be. You don't treat the person you love like that. "It was only a group of women."

When Love Finds Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें