Chapter 17

Katya paced around Precious' for around thirty minutes before she sought after the brunette. When hearing her best friend's distress earlier on the phone, she hurried to finish her work at the hospital quickly meeting her friend at the nearby bar.

After waiting around several minutes for Olga to show her face, the woman decided to look for her after she was a no show. Stopping by her flat to find the place void, she decided to check the old warehouse store the brunette had just bought. Walking up to the storefront window, Katya saw her friend working away with determination inside.

Olga was in the zone when she heard a peck on the glass window. She had sat and sulked for over thirty minutes after Leona had left her standing there upset. After feeling bad for herself, she became determined to correct her mistakes and the walls were first. After feeling terrible about ruining the hard work they put in with the building, she had went over and fixed her mistakes while also touching up a few places Leona had missed with the light pink paint. She had been working on the walls about an hour and a half before she heard a knock on the door. Thinking it was Leona who had consumed her mind, Olga quickly made her way to the door only to find Katya standing out in front of the windows.

"Katya," she said, opening the door and walking out into the street after drying her eyes for the hundredth time. "Anong ginagawa mo dito?" She asked, forgetting all about meeting her friend.

"Anong ginagawa ko dito? Anong ginagawa mo dito?" Seeing the brunette's red eyes and tear stained cheeks, she knew her speculation was right when she looked around for Leona. "You were supposed to meet me at Precious' an hour ago," the woman walked closer to the door. "Nag-aalala ako nung tumawag ka and when you didn't show up that worried me even more, kaya hinanap kita."

"Crap," Olga scolded herself. "Nakalimutan ko," she said, holding the door open for her friend to come inside. "Sorry ha," she said, locking the door behind her. After she sulked in her sorrow, she mustered enough strength to fix the wall she messed up and also finish the last dull wall. Now the place looked amazing and she couldn't wait to see what Leona would do with the space.

"Okay lang," Katya said, walking inside the room and admiring the newly painted walls. She hadn't been able to come and see the place since her friend bought it, but after walking inside she couldn't help but be in awe of what they'd completed so far. "The place looks amazing. You both must have worked hard on this."

"We did," she blushed as she looked around at the finished product. "And then sinira ko," she admitted before looking back at her friend.

"Anong nangyari?" Katya asked as she watched the brunette kneel down and close the paint cans she had opened. "Umiiyak ka," she stated.

"Hindi ko alam," she breathed. "I've not cried in a long time."

"Alam ko," Katya softly spoke, feeling bad for her friend. The brunette was a strong, independent woman and it was a rarity to see Olga in this state. "Iwanan mo na nga yan, kausapin mo ko," she said watched the brunette clean up.

"I can't," Olga said as she gathered the paint brushes up around the room. "Kung titigil ako, maaalala ko lang and I don't want to think about it."

"Where's Leona?" She questioned. "Sabi mo nandito siya and you needed to get away from her for a little while, so nasaan siya?" She asked. She wasn't use to seeing the brunette without the dark haired woman nearby, unless she was at work.

"She's gone," she ground her teeth together in anger. She still couldn't believe the woman left with Hector, much less flew into his arms after slamming the door on her.

"Then talk."

"Hindi ko alam saan ako magsisimula," the brunette shook her head as she looked up to her friend sadly. "I just..." She whispered feeling the tears threatening to fall again.