Chapter 35

AN: Hello guys!! I'm back! It's been 3 months since I last updated this story. I'm still settling here in Canada so bare with me as I once again write this story. Humihingi po ako ng pasensya kung ngayon lang ulit makakapag update. Still a long way to go for LeOlga! Enjoy!

********************************

Olga pulled her coat tighter around her body when she felt the nip in the air when she walked out of Batangas emergency room doors tonight.

Returning home from Davao, her life took front seat again as she was placed on the night shift four nights in a row. Early Friday morning when she returned from work, she had a short turnaround before having to work another eight hour shift, but it was worth it because tonight she finally gets to be with Leona.

When Olga was home during the day, Leona was at the bakery interviewing potential employees for the shop as well as getting the shipments of food supplies sorted and ready to roll for the opening day that was rapidly approaching.

When Leona was home, Olga had been working away in the hospital ER so they never really saw or heard much from each other besides in passing or through texts messages, but today that was going to stop.

For the next sixty hours she was free to do whatever she wanted and all she wanted was to go home and be with Leona. But, that of course was after they spent the evening catching up with their friends for the first time in a while.

Even though the thought of having to delay spending quality time with the woman a few more hours made her cringe at first, however now that she was on her way home where Leona was at home waiting for her, she couldn't wipe the grin off her face.

Turning the corner of the hospital, the smile became even more evident when she saw Leona across the street near their apartment building.

"Hi," she breathed a sigh of relief when she rushed across the street to the woman.

Quickly turning her head at the familiar sound, Leona smiled when she saw Olga. "Hey," she said, taking a few empty boxes out of the bed of the truck. "You made it."

"Yeah," she said grabbing the last container out of the truck.

Earlier Olga had messaged Leona to say she may possibly have to work a little later than normal, but luckily things had slowed so she hadn't missed out on their plans tonight.

"How did things go today?" She asked as she followed Leona into their building.

"Okay naman. May mga nahanap na akong mga tao. I may have even found my mini me," she grinned at the brunette before making her way up to the steps to the loft. "His name's Dennis, his resume is outstanding." She said, walking into the apartment and threw the boxes down near her bed. "Siya yung head baker sa isang shop sa Manila at lumipat siya dito to start over, he really seems promising." She grinned. "Kamusta ang araw mo?" She asked, finally glad that the brunette had a few days off.

"Nakakapagod, pero okay lang. Namiss kita buong linggo."

"Ako rin," Leona stepped in the rest of the way and drew the woman closer. "Pagod ka?"

"Hindi na, feeling rejuvenated already," she sighed, wrapping her arms around the woman's waist. Just being near the woman was a breath of fresh air.

"What a shame, could have been an excuse to stay home and lie on the couch and eat junk food instead of going to Precious'," she exhaled, faking her disappointment.

"Oh, pwede naman," she pulled back slightly and lifted her gaze up to the woman's face. "Hi," she winked at her and leaned in for a tender kiss.

"Hi," Leona whispered pulling back before pecking pink lips one more time. "Tara na?"