Chapter 33

"So... uhh, first dates are big," Olga said as they made their way further into the city. "They also lead to second dates," she said, unaware someone was following behind them as they walked through People's Park.

"They do," Leona couldn't take the smile off her face as they walked down the street with their hands laced together. "They lead to a lot of things," she had no clue what they were going to do, but she was sure that they'd find something to occupy their time.

She hated seeing Olga so distraught lately and if she could do something to ease her mind she was going to do it.

"It says a lot about a person." She looked over and grinned at Leona.

"What does it say about me so far?" Leona asked as she kept her eyes open for something to do. The further they walked the more beautiful the city became. Just looking around you could feel the history that surrounded it.

"Well, mahigit dalawangpung minuto na tayong naglalakad, pero hindi mo pa binibitawan ang kamay ko," she shyly grinned.

"Anong ipinapahiwatig nito?" She asked as she glanced over to the woman before startled by someone walking right behind Olga, mocking her.

"Sa paghawak mo ng kamay ko, pinapakita lang na hindi ka takot sa kung ano man ang iisipin ng ibang tao," Olga knew the woman had only been with one other person and she was surprised Leona wasn't a bit wary about holding her hand in public. "And staying connected says you really like me," she stated bluntly, still unaware someone was following behind her. She hadn't even noticed because she keeps glancing at the woman beside her.

"It could mean that," she shrugged, trying her best not to laugh as the man behind the brunette kept smiling and making faces just like her date. "Pero..." Leona hadn't really given a second thought to what people would think of them walking down the street holding hands, not that she cared either. "It could mean I'm trying to show support at ayokong maramdaman mong nag-iisa ka," she continued their little talk even with the man lurking behind.

"Ohh..." Olga's face dropped. She hadn't thought about that, she just took it for granted she wanted to feel the closeness like she was. "Yung nangyari ba kagabi at kaninang umaga? Suporta lang?" She asked, slowing her pace on the sidewalk.

Leona could feel the woman loosen her hold on her hand, but she tightened her grip. "It was," she admitted as the mime continued to copy her. "Sinabi ko naman sayo na kagabi, hindi ako sang ayon, na alam kong galit ka," she couldn't help but turn her face and chuckle. Olga was still clueless.

"Onga naman," she breathed as they came to a stop, the mime almost running into her, but luckily he stopped in time. Apparently she had thought way too much into everything yesterday and even this morning. Maybe she was in a foggy haze and she was just reading too much into everything. "Anong nakakatawa?" She annoyingly asked when she saw her smiling.

"Wala," she shrugged as the man behind her pouted like the brunette. "Olga," Leona tugged at her hand when she saw the brunette's posture slump. "I told you yesterday morning before you left that I wanted to be here for you, para suportahan ka."

"Alam ko naman yun," she said and looked down the street at the people milling around at the streets in front of them. She couldn't look her in the eyes right now. "Yun lang ba yun?"

"Hey," she stood in front of her, but the brunette just looked down, yet again the mime copied Olga and now they had a few people staring at them, which made their talk more awkward, mainly for Leona. "Sabi ko naman sayo nandito ako para sayo, hindi para pag-usapan yung tayo."

"I know," she stated. "Nasabi mo na yan."

"Olga," she said softly. "What are you thinking?" She asked, seeing the woman squint her eyes. People may be watching them, but at least they couldn't hear their conversation.