Chapter 11

Going back to their apartment after breakfast, both girls laid down and got some rest before the evening. Leona couldn't seem to relax at night when the brunette worked, her mind seemed to still wander. Granted it wasn't as bad as when she first came, but when the brunette was gone at night she couldn't sleep. She slowly got on the same sleep schedule Olga was on the days she worked.

Since Leona had returned empty handed from her home two weeks ago, Olga went out and purchased her some clothes to get her by. It was against Leona's wishes, but the brunette kept insisting she could pay her back in time.

They had both began to fall into an easy routine. Olga thought it was going to be a huge adjustment having to alter her lifestyle, but she soon found out it was nice to have someone at home. A person who would listen to her complain and vent about work and would also just be there to keep company. The brunette hadn't realized how lonely she was until her house guests came along. She didn't like to admit it, but Leona had changed her. She didn't go out drinking near as much, she hated animals, but now had a dog that she wouldn't openly admit she had fallen for and had gained a best friend.

"Ready ka na ba? Kasi kung hindi okay lang naman yun, we can wait. Precious said to come when you're ready, there's no rush." Olga asked her after they left the apartment.

"Alam niya na ba?" Leona bit the inside of her lip as they walked down the street to the establishment.

"Hindi. Alam niyang you're new in town and looking to start over. Yun lang. Eh sabi mo manahimik ako, so I did."

"That's about to change though," she breathed out, thinking about how she would explain it to Feliz. She didn't want it to get back to her husband that she was living in Batangas and by showing her face there, there was a huge chance he would find out sooner rather than later. She could only trust the brunette was telling the truth when she said Ador and Hector wouldn't spill the beans.

"Gusto mo ako nalang magsabi sa kanila, okay lang naman sa'kin," Olga knew how hard it was still for the brunette to talk about it and was willing to take that off of her. "I don't mind."

"No. Admitting's the first step. Kaya ako na mismo ang magsasabi sa kanila..." She exhaled before inhaling deeply. "That's a huge step in the right direction. Right?"

"Tama," the brunette smiled at her.

"May tanong ako," Leona said. She was nervous, so she wanted to take her mind off of things right now.

"Ano yun?"

"Sabi mo Precious was your Aunt, so why do you call her by her name sometimes?" She asked curiously.

"Well." She paused. Technically hindi ko naman talaga siya totoong Aunty. You see, I've known her almost my whole life. Magkapit bahay lang kami. So she became my adopted Aunt and her nephews and nieces called her Aunty, so she let my brother and I call her that also. She's really great, Leona, mamahalin mo siya."

"Well sa mga stories na narinig ko galing sa'yo she sounds like a riot."

"Talaga! She is so funny and she doesn't care what she says," she laughed as they walked up to the bar. "Andito na tayo."

"Ganon ka lapit?"

"Yeah."

"Olga," she scolded. "You've been skipping out on your friends to hang out with me at home and the hangout is that close to your apartment?"

"Oh, shut up," motioned for Leona to walk down the steps of the bar. "We hangout all the time. Kaya naman nila na wala ako paminsan minsan. Plus I've learned that going out all the time is exhausting."

"Kinakabahan ako," Leona said, walking down the steps. "Are you sure okay lang yung suot ko? Ayokong isipin niyang hindi ako seryoso sa trabaho."

"Leona, you're dressed okay." She said to the woman wearing jeans and a black t-shirt. "Gusto niya sa mga employees yung nagsusuot ng jeans tsaka flannel shirt habang nagtatrabaho so you're fine."