Chapter 30

"Anong ibig mong sabihin, may bumaril sa kanya?" Leona asked, wrapping her arms tightly around the brunette. "Okay lang ba siya?" She asked as the brunette cried into her shoulder.

"Hi... hindi ko... alam," Olga said in between sobs. "Sabi ni Mama... it's bad."

"Oh God, Olga!" Leona didn't know what to say. She was feeling scared before she realized what was really going on and now she was feeling like an ass thinking Olga was running from her. "Magiging okay din ang lahat," she whispered into her ear. "It will," she said as she continued to say soothing things to her for several minutes until the woman calmed down. "Anong nangyari, Olga?"

"Hindi ko pa talaga alam anong nangyari," it felt good to be able to fall into the woman's arms and let herself go if only for a minute. Pulling back from Leona, she looked around the room to see what she still needed to grab before she left. "I just know he was at the base working and someone came in and shot the place up and now he's in the ICU," she said. "Kailangan ko nang umalis," she wiped her face off with her robe as she focused her attention on leaving.

"Ano pang mga kakailanganin mong i-pack?" She asked, walking over to the suitcase.

"I think na pack ko naman na lahat... I hope I do, anyway," she sighed. "Kung may nakalimutan man ako, bibili nalang ako doon. I need to call work, but I'll wait until I land." She said, quickly shedding her robe, not caring she was only in her underclothes.

"Ako na tatawag," Leona sat on the edge of the bed and listened to Olga's nervous rambles as she got dressed and then went through her things making sure she had everything. "Olga," she whispered when she saw her hurriedly grabbing a few more items out of her nightstand as she muttered to herself. "Olga," she said louder.

"Ano?!" She spat, quickly turning around to face Leona. Seeing the shocked look on Leona's face, she immediately felt sorry for snapping. "Sorry, I'm sorry." She sighed as she tried to get herself together.

"Okay lang," Leona stood from the bed and made her way over to the woman. "Takot ka, malayo ka sa dad mo at hindi mo alam anong nangyari," she grabbed her hand. "Huminga ka muna, okay?"

"I can't lose him," she looked down at her hands. "I mean, I know I complain that they're annoying and always bugging me about my life, but I can't lose him."

"Positive thoughts, okay?" She said. Squeezing the brunette's hand. "Keep the faith."

"Yeah," she whispered as she kept her attention on their joined hands. "Kailangan ko na talagang umalis," she sighed after a beat.

"Puwede akong sumama sa'yo," Leona announced. "Just give me a minute to throw some things together."

"I'd like that," she finally looked up to her. "Pero may aso tayo at hindi ko alam kung hanggang kailan ako mawawala. Hindi natin siya puwedeng iwan sa loob or labas at wala na tayong oras para dalhin siya sa vet."

"Puwede natin tawagan si Katya, or, or si Feliz. She'd do it."

"I have to go now, Leona," she said sadly. "I can't miss my flight," she dropped the woman's hand so she could close her suitcase. "You stay here and take care of our boy," she said as the dog jumped off the bed. "Everything will go well, I'll hopefully be back soon." She tried to convince herself.

"Hayaan mo nalang akong ihatid kita." She said, not wanting the brunette to be alone. She really wanted to go with her, but she knew she'd make her late or possibly miss the flight and that was the last thing she wanted.

"Okay," Olga said grabbing her bag and her phone. "Handa na ako," she said taking a deep breath as she tried to keep herself in check. Right now was not the time to fall apart with two hour flight ahead of her. "Tara na, Rugrat," she smacked her leg to get the dog to follow her.