Chapter 13

After meeting Precious and all of Olga'a friends, Leona felt like her life was starting to get on the right track. That following Monday she started working at the bar on day shift, the owner wanted her to get familiar with the way things were run before being thrown into the night shift where she would really rake in the tips.

The dark haired woman had never worked a day in her life, she'd never had to. Her parents supported her until she moved in with her husband and then he took over. It wasn't that she didn't want to work, but Carlos wouldn't allow it, he thought a woman's place was in the home and not in the business world.

Now that she was on her own, she felt like she was free from everything. She had even overheard Precious tell Olga that she was an amazing worker for someone who had never been out in the workforce before.

Of course the brunette wasn't surprised. She didn't have any doubt in the dark haired woman at all. Leona exhibited strength and ability in anything and everything she did since she'd met her. Even from the tales the woman had told about her past, she exuded toughness and courage, so Olga knew she would excel in anything she did.

A month had passed since Leona started working at the bar and within a week of training, she had started evening shift.

Leona found herself making double the money on the night shift, because everyone tended to get drunker and more carefree with their wallets and she was absolutely loving it. Not that she necessarily loved waiting on drunk people, but she loved living life and having some source of income she could call all her own.

Granted, it wasn't what she had been accustomed to, but it was a start. She loved being able to help her roommate with a few bills or groceries, even though Olga told her she didn't need to help. Leona's earnings weren't anything compared to what Olga brought home, but right now it was something and that's all that mattered to her.

Usually when she worked the late shift, Olga would come over after work and hang out with some of her friends while she waited on Leona to get off work. The dark haired woman felt uneasy walking home so late at night by herself even though the bar was just a few blocks away from the apartment, so the brunette offered to come by and walk home with her.

But today, she was waiting on Feliz and Ador to stop by and pick her up, because they had plans. Over the past month or so, she and Olga had been hanging out with her friends more and more and today they all planned to go to the local drive-in movie theater to watch an old movie.

"Hey, Ador," Leona said from the backseat of their black BMW SUV. Her brunette roommate had to work a little later than she thought, so she rode to the movies with the Pavia's.

Over the past month, since everyone learned her situation, she had been developing a close bond with Feliz. She had opened up more to the woman, but not like she had with Olga. Something's weren't meant for everyone to know. "Nagkikita pa ba kayo ni Carlos?" She asked when he looked back at her in the rear view mirror.

"Uh... Oo, nagkita kami. He came down just the other day, to see some of the changes we've been making out in the fields." He said looking towards Feliz.

"Ah," she had visited a lawyer Olga had recommended and filed for annulment a few weeks ago and she figured when Carlos found out he would be on the hunt for her. He had always said, annulment wasn't an option for him because his parents were extremely religious and didn't believe in it.

Leona was fretful things might get ugly, but she vowed to herself to out him and make their annulment public for all his clients to hear about if he became aggressive with her.

"Wala naman siyang nasabi, Leona," He glanced up in the mirror again. "Walang tungkol sa'yo."

"How is he acting?" She questioned, trying to gauge her husband's moo as of late.